TPG Community

Get online support

Sagemcom 5866T USB-C Port not working?

SOLVED Go to solution
GundamZeta
Level 2

Hi there,

Just switch to the 5G Home Internet and TPG provided the Sagemcom 5866T modem

The Modem came with 3 LAN ports which aren't enough for me. Therefore I plugged in the USB-C to LAN adapter to the USB-C Port and then use the Comptuer or TV connect to it.

I tried both PC and TV where modem able to assign the IP 192.168.1.x to the device but it can't connect to internet. (no internet connection).

I checked the USB-C to Lan adapter is definitly working on diferent network setup (my old NBN environment)

I wonder if it is the faulty modem and I should get a replacement or the USB-C port in the modem is not for that purposes.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @GundamZeta . Don't expect any good news here.

You can search in Community for other users with a problem with the usb port.

Put       sagemcom AND usb        in the search box.

You could try a small ethernet switch to get more ports.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @GundamZeta 

We will raise this with our technical team for investigation and testing purposes. Could you shoot us a PM with your details?

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Hi there,

Just switch to the 5G Home Internet and TPG provided the Sagemcom 5866T modem

The Modem came with 3 LAN ports which aren't enough for me. Therefore I plugged in the USB-C to LAN adapter to the USB-C Port and then use the Comptuer or TV connect to it.

I tried both PC and TV where modem able to assign the IP 192.168.1.x to the device but it can't connect to internet. (no internet connection).

I checked the USB-C to Lan adapter is definitly working on diferent network setup (my old NBN environment)

I wonder if it is the faulty modem and I should get a replacement or the USB-C port in the modem is not for that purposes.

Thanks

david64
Level 15

Hi @GundamZeta . Don't expect any good news here.

You can search in Community for other users with a problem with the usb port.

Put       sagemcom AND usb        in the search box.

You could try a small ethernet switch to get more ports.

GundamZeta
Level 2

TPG Techco called me tonight, which said the USB-C port not decide for LAN blah blah blah... 

good internet, bad modem.

jrpedley
Level 3

If you still have this problem, ask for a software upgrade. Mine was SGJy100058, and is now SGJy100214.

I had other problems with the modem and dont use the USB but I notice it now appears on the front screen of the modem interface.

jessewjt
Level 2

Can you share the firmware with me? My version is still SGJy100058

BasilDV

Hi @jessewjt 

The firmware update will automatically be applied once available.

Just keep the modem/router on and connected.