Slow speed

Crisso
Level 2

I have just changed to the Home Superfast 200 plan and received the new router(TP-Link 1600) from TPG. It is now installed and my speed is actually slower than is was on the previous plan Home 50. 
I am getting speeds of 51 mbps down and 18 mbps up using ethernet directly to the router. The Wifi speeds are even worse at 38.9 mbps down and 16 mbps up. 
What is going on?

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

Hi @Crisso ,

We've created some articles that will help you troubleshoot the Slow speed issue.

If you are using a WIFI connection, then you may check these links to improve your home network.

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can take a look at your account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Crisso
Level 2

Thanks for the assistance, but it appears to be a bit more of an issue that anything I can tackle. I have spent quite a bit of time on the phone to Tech Assistance and they have attempted numerous work arounds and trouble shooting changes without success.

So my issue has been escalated and I am waiting for a call from TPG engineers. 

david64
Level 15

Hi @Crisso . Any success with this?

What type of NBN connection do you have?

In the VR1600 admin, Advanced, can you check the bandwidth control. Is it enabled and is there a value for the upload and download bandwidth?

Crisso
Level 2

Not yet. Tech support did have me go into the admin on the router and make numerous changes with no change. 

I have fibre to the house and they got me to reset the NBN box with no change. 

Hopefully they will work it out soon.

Cheers

Crisso

Riezl

Hi @Crisso , please send us a PM with your TPG account details so we can chase this matter to our Engineering Team to fast track the resolution. We will wait for your PM. Thank you.