TPG Community

Get online support

Some devices not connecting to network

gajaregsi
Level 2

Hi

I am having trouble connecting some devices like mobile phone, laptop to the wireless network/router. In the HUAWEI Home Gateway portal it shows that 18 devices connected to the network but am still facing the issue.

Modem: HUAWEI HG659

I did try rebooting the modem/router but the issue still persists. Can you advise what to do?

4 REPLIES 4
Riezl

Hi @gajaregsi, we have created this community article, which may help in resolving this query:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection

If the issue persists, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

david64
Level 15

Hi gajaregsi. The picture shows 17 wifi devices and one other. 

Do all the devices stay connected to the router and to the internet?

Or do some of them lose their internet connection?

Or are you trying to connect a 19th device and it won't connect? 

Have you tried spreading the devices across both bands? The ones further away from the router on the 2.4g band and closer ones on the 5g band?

gajaregsi
Level 2

Hi David

Some to them lose their internet connection sometimes suddenly and seem to connect any of the devices has been disconnected. Not sure what's the issue as this problem seems to have started recently and happens every day especially when I try to connect my laptop and one of my mobile to the Wifi network.

Is there a limit of max connections that can be connected to the Modem/router at a given time. I should not have more that 18 devices connected to the network at any given time but the still face connection issues.

Also, can you advise how do I remove any connections connected to the network at a given time so as allow to connect another one to the network and reduce unnecessary devices connected to the router/modem. Kindly advise. Thanks.

david64
Level 15

Hi gajaregsi. The router has a limit of 32 devices and will indicate this in some way when reached.

The router manual is rather basic; you will need to look through the web server and see if it can delete unwanted devices, although that shoudn't be necessary since you are only getting up to 18.

When devices lose internet connection, does the Internet light on the router go out? Or, do devices get timeouts trying to browse pages? Or, do they lose the wifi connection?

Are all the devices computers/tablets/phones or are there light switches, cameras, etc as well?

Is it the same devices that drop out each time? How far from the router are they? Do they get good signal strength? You could use your phone to check the strength at each device.

What firmware does your router have? According to TPG, latest firmware for hardware ver B is V100R001C216B013 (which is strange because other users have had versions where the last 3 digits are larger; 111, 112 and 113).