TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link VR1600v: DHCP Fails

romanloh
Level 2

Hi There,

I am regularly (almost on a daily basis) experiencing the VR1600v failing to assign IPs via DHCP to the same devices and, when it happens, I can not even login to the router to troubleshoot.  As such, I have no choice but to put a timer to restart it on a daily basis. However, I don't think this is the long term solution.

After digging a bit and I found this thread https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/TP-Link-VR1600v-DHCP-Fails/td-p/25899.

I believe it is something to do with the firmware and I hope someone please help pushing me the right firmware.

In addition, I am also having issue with parental controls as well. It just doens't work no matter how I configure the effective time. 

Anyway, I am not connecting any 3rd party router to my TP-Link VR1600v.

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.56416n Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

Thank you in advance.

Roman

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @romanloh,

Welcome to the community!

•  What and how many devices are affected when DHCP fails?
  • What troubleshooting have you done so far; have you tried factory resetting the modem/router?

Your modem/router has the latest firmware version.

We have an existing thread about Parental Control, you may visit this link.

Cheers!

romanloh
Level 2

Hi Shane,

The number of devices connected  when DHCP fails are not consistent. It was between 7 to 12 devices.

So far, I have tried once to factory reset. It was the first thing I did but no luck.

Kindly advise what else can I do?

BTW, thanks for the link for parental control.

Thank you,

Roman

BasilDV

Hi @romanloh

Thanks for the update.

Are the devices connected via Wired or Wireless? If some are wired, did you notice the IP address that your device is getting from the modem/router? Or it does not have any IP address (Blank)?

BasilDV

romanloh
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

Except for a USB shared HDD (unable to confirm its IP address), all other devices are connected wirelessly.

I had also tried to allocate a fixed IP address (based on the last successful connection) to a device but It didn't last long as it said "connected, no internet" (IP address crashed? prettly unlikely?)

Thank you,

Roman

BasilDV

Hi @romanloh

Thanks for the information.

You may need to perform a hard reset to your modem/router. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then configure the WiFi settings once again.

Observe the connection and let us know if the issue persist.

BasilDV