TP-Link VX420-G2v

SOLVED Go to solution
alanguide
Level 7

I have ordered a TP-Link VX420-G2v, and am looking in advance at the setup procedure. I haven't found anything about the VOIP. How do I set my telephone number? Or does it (or any other setting) come preset?

Also can I change the name. I seem to remember I had that option with the HG659.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @alanguide

The modem/router that we'll be provided is preconfigured/preset. This means that it is a plug-and-play device.

Once connected and the internet is working, the phone service should work as well. If not, you may contact us again or our Tech team via phone call to check it further.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Shane

Hi alanguide,

The VoIP settings is not available on our supplied modem/router, we'd love to have our Technical Team to contact you to update the modem/router on file for the VoIP to work.

Could you send us your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow?

Are you pertaining to the Wi-Fi network name? 

I have ordered a TP-Link VX420-G2v, and am looking in advance at the setup procedure. I haven't found anything about the VOIP. How do I set my telephone number? Or does it (or any other setting) come preset?

Also can I change the name. I seem to remember I had that option with the HG659.

alanguide
Level 7

Thank you Shane. I imagine I should install the new router physically before I ask for technical people to call me! It has not arrived yet.

In the meantime, can you spell out step by step exactly how I can PM you. Please don't just give me a link to the instructions on the Forum. I have tried following those but find that the destination address is fixed for the example.

BasilDV

Hi @alanguide

The modem/router that we'll be provided is preconfigured/preset. This means that it is a plug-and-play device.

Once connected and the internet is working, the phone service should work as well. If not, you may contact us again or our Tech team via phone call to check it further.

BasilDV

alanguide
Level 7

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @alanguide

BasilDV

Thanks very much!

alanguide
Level 7

Hi again BasilDV.

I found your reply about phone settings being preconfigured relieving but if you will look at the thread, you will see that Shane gave the opposite advice in the post before yours , so now I'm confused!

BasilDV

Hi @alanguide

There might be a misunderstanding.

@Shane meant that you will not be able to manually configure the VoIP service on the provided modem/router as we are using a special firmware. It doesn't mean that the VoIP service will not work with the new modem/router.

The device is preconfigured and the service should work once it is connected.

BasilDV

alanguide
Level 7

Thanks! So do you preconfigure it with my landline number as on my record with you?

BasilDV

Yes, if in case the service did not work. You may contact us here or call our Tech team on 13 14 23 for real time testing.

BasilDV