TPG Community

Get online support

TP link vr1600v - lost wifi connection

SOLVED Go to solution
Jono87
Level 3

Hi TPG Support,

I have just joined TPG FBBT 2 days ago.

We suddently lost wifi connection today.

I tried to login to the modem via 192.168.1.1 received no response.

The issue goes away after restarted the modem.

Can you please help?

Here is the version information:

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 180828 Rel.35294n
Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1 00000000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jono87
Level 3
That's right. The technical support called. The router has been factory reset last night.

I will report the update in a couple of days.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Riezl

Hi @Jono87,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. We have checked the status of your connection and we can see that it's up and running for more than 18 hours now. 

We recommend having a read of this community article, which may help you in troubleshooting Wi-Fi no connectivity issue:

Wi-Fi troubleshooting steps - No Internet/Connection

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Wi-Fi-troubleshooting-steps-No-Internet-Connection...

Should you require further assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

Jono87
Level 3
We suddently lost wifi connection again today. Wifi restored after router restarted.
Shane

Hi @Jono87,

We would like to confirm if the Wireless dropout occurs only on a specific device or it is affecting all device(s) connected to the Wi-Fi.

We ran an initial test of your service it shows connected for 8h 18m.

We did an article that you may find helpful, please visit the links below.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Jono87
Level 3
When it happened all devices lost connection. Access to 192.168.1.1 also failed
Shane

Hi @Jono87

Thanks for the additional details. We'll keep an eye on your connection in case it will occur again within the next 24hrs feel free to notify us and we'll arrange one of our Technicians to call you for further investigation.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @Jono87,

Good day! We monitored your connection for the last 24hrs it has been stable for 1d 5h 5m, in case issue will occur again do not hesitate to update this thread, let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

Jono87
Level 3
The first wifi restart after wifi disconnect was on 10 May. The wifi disconnection did not occured untill 14 May. It maybe worth monitoring for the next 3 days or so.
Will

Hi @Jono87,

Thanks for the clarification. Please do get back to us if the issue reoccur.

I would advise you though to take note of the following if the connection drops again:

1. Status of modem lights
  2. The WIFI status on your devices. Is it still showing connected but you're unable to go online or even access the modem page? Or did you lose the WIFI connection itself?
  3. If you're disconnected from the WIFI network, are you still able to detect the WIFI name?
  4. How many bars of signal are you getting?
  5. What network frequency are you connected to (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Can you switch to the other one to test if that resolves the issue?

Hopefully, the issue has been resolved. If not, feel free to leave a message.

Regards,

Jono87
Level 3
Modem wifi disconnected again.

Here are the details requested:

Status of modem lights- Both wifi frquency have green light

The WIFI status on your devices. Is it still showing connected but you're unable to go online or even access the modem page?
Mobile phone auto switched to 4g. On the Mobile's available networks page, both wifi names have status "could not get IP address"

I can't load modem page on my pc either. My pc connected via UTP cable.

Or did you lose the WIFI connection itself?

Both wifi and wired connection
If you're disconnected from the WIFI network, are you still able to detect the WIFI name? yes

How many bars of signal are you getting? Full
What network frequency are you connected to (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Can you switch to the other one to test if that resolves the issue? Both frequencies can't be connected