TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Wifi and iphone11 pro

Jax
Level 2
Level 2
Hi all, I’ve been with TPG since 16th March and I’ve had nothing but trouble getting wifi to work on my iPhone 11 Pro. It either says no internet connection or just hangs. My hubby has a iPhone XR and it works fine. I’m not sure what’s going on but I’m about to loose it 🤬 When it does manage to connect and I do a speed test, it’s awesome but most times it won’t connect to do a speed test. It’s not my phone because it works just fine on the wifi when I’m at work. I didn’t have a problem until I switched from Telstra to TPG. Any one else gave the same issues? I’m thinking it’s the modem , maybe it’s not compatible with my iPhone 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’ve tried everything, and tired of googling. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
david64
Level 15

Hi @Jax . What model router do you have?

When you try to connect, how far from the router are you? How does it go up close?

What signal strength does the phone show? I see on the picture it shows 2 out of 3 bars. How does that compare with the iPhone XR?

Do you use the 2.4G or 5G band? 2.4G band has greater range; 5G is faster.

Jax
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks for your reply 😊 It’s a TP-link modem, received it when I signed up with TPG.
It doesn’t matter how far away I am from the router, same problem. I am currently almost sitting on the modem and I have attached photos of my trying to get onto the Bigw site 😣 I have also tried 2.4G and 5G, both are a problem. 🤷🏼‍♀️
david64
Level 15

@Jax . Position close to the router. Do this on each band. Make the connection and check the wifi connection speed (however you do that on iPhone). Compare with the XR.

When you do this with your phone, turn off wifi on the XR so there's no chance of interference.