TPG Community

Get online support

TPlink ac1600 connection issues

hanson93
Level 2

Hi there,

I have been having connectivity issues with the NBN since it was installed at the beginning of August. I have recorded each time the connection drops out (30+). I am aware each time it drops out because the google home displays a message (see photo). I called customer support and spoke at length over the phone and they could not tell me there were any connection issues because it said everything was all connected on their end despite the message being displayed on the google home (no phone wifi, sonos stop playing music also, telstra TV stops working). When the weather was poor, the issues arised more, however nowadays on sunny blue sky days the same issue still happens. The drop outs last for about 3-5 minutes. I enjoy Netflix and video games and it becomes frustrating when a movie or game cuts out midway through.

My modem is in a central spot in the house with nothing blocking it. I have reset the modem also (advised to do so over the phone by customer support). 

Is there anything I can do to improve the internet reception to avoid these dropouts? Is there some sort of reception improver or are there modems available that are better? 

I find it odd how I could see on my end I had no internet connection, but TPG couldn't (not blaming anybody, I just can't work out what the issue is).

Please help! Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 10.05.14 am.pngIMG_6357.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Riezl

Hi @hanson93,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience this connectivity issue is causing you and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this.

We have tried to locate the account using your community details, but we were unable to find a match.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Hi @hanson93, thanks for providing the account details via PM. We have checked the status of your service and we can see an indication that the connection is dropping out.

We have escalated the issue to our Engineering Team and a case engineer will contact you via SMS or a phone call to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via PM. Thank you.