TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting

SolArchNyx
Level 2

I am experiencing an ending reboot loop with my TPLink Archer VR1600v which started a few days ago. It is greatly affecting our home wifi connectivity. Has there been an update from TPG side that might have caused this device to behave like that?

It comes up properly and I get wifi connectivity but after 1-2minutes, all lights will lit up, then a reboot will happen.

I have done the usual - unplug/replug. Restore to factory default. Still the same issue.

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1.0 00000000

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n 

Appreciate if this can be looked at. Thank you.

56 REPLIES 56
BasilDV

Hi @SolArchNyx

That's an unusual behavior of a modem/router.

Are you using the original power adapter for the device?

Is it connected directly to the power outlet? Or are you using a power extension?

The factory reset you've performed, is it via the pinhole button or the modem interface?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check the warranty of the device.

BasilDV

doncaster
Level 2
I am also having the same problem since last thursday. The wifi just keep restarting and only last for couple of minutes until it restart again
Shane

Hi @doncaster,

Could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation also the make and model of the modem.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

I am also having the same problem since last thursday. The wifi just keep restarting and only last for couple of minutes until it restart again

karanj
Level 2
Looks like I'm getting the same thing today for my parents connection. Router hasn't changed plugs or moved since it was installed.
Aubrey

Hi @karanj, we've replied to your other post and we'll go from there.

Thanks! 

tmack70
Level 2

I am having the same issue since yesterday (18/10/22), except the reboot is occurring after a few seconds instead of 1-2 minutes. 

Archer VR1600v V1.0

F/W 0.1.0.0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

Wadelton
Level 2
Mine has also just started doing the same. Endless reboots
BasilDV

Hi @tmack70 and @Wadelton

Kindly turn off the modem/router for 30 seconds, then turn it back on to give it a quick rest.

If the modem/router is still dropping out, then perform a factory reset.

Please note that the settings will go back to default, but you can still reconfigure it.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Wadelton
Level 2
Factory reset worked. It is suspicious however that several people had same issue in same timeframe on this model. Was there some sort of central push of a change?