TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting

BasilDV

Hi @Wadelton

Our team are pushing to update the firmware of the TPG provided modem/router without the need of request.

BasilDV

tmack70
Level 2

Factory reset seems to have done the trick for me too.

Now to reconfigure...

dogduckandgoat
Level 2

Ours was doing exactly this on 18/10 - logged a ticket (12620718).

Engineer came out, told us the isolator was causing it to trip, bypassed it "temporarily" whilst he went to get a replacement isolator... 

...ticket closed, engineer hasn't returned, NBN (HFC) still running without an isolator. It's working, but... 

BasilDV

Hi @dogduckandgoat

We'd like to check on this further and review the notes from the technician visit.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Pentbot
Level 2

For what it's worth, I am having a similar problem, at pretty much the same time, with the same specifications (model number, hardware version, firmware version).

My problem is a bit different, in that averaging about 3-4 times of any given day, my router will either;
a) "turn off" in that all the light except the left most one will go off, or

b) will reboot.

in either case, turning the router off and on again seems to fix it for a while.

Ahra_G

Hi @Pentbot

We'd be happy to check on your connection.  Send away your TPG username or customer ID via PM so we can run tests on your service. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

ralechung
Level 2

HI can you update my firmware please

0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

I had to do factory reset as it was rebooting endlessly

Ahra_G

Hi @ralechung

We'd be glad to check the firmware. Let's have your customer ID or username via PM as well. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G

18terrigal
Level 2

Similar issue - since this morning I don't have any lights apart from the power light.  Nervous to do a factory reset as i don't know how to configure.... Help Please

BasilDV

Hi @18terrigal

We've responded to your post here.

Once you factory reset the device, the modem/router will automatically connect to the internet as it has been configured that way.

If you've changed some settings like port forward, changed the SSID/WiFi Password, etc., then you need to set it again.

Kindly avoid multiple post as it takes us away from responding from other customers that needed help.

Please stick to one thread. Thank you.

BasilDV