TPG Community

Get online support

Tplink Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting

mikelambrellis
Level 2

I'm getting the same issue. Started happening a couple of weeks ago after a couple of years of flawless service. It was happening every few hours until the last few days when it sped up. This morning it was happening every few minutes. I did a factory reset as described here - via the web console. It's now gone back to every hour or so. This is ridiculous. @BasilDV and @Shane - what are TPG going to do about this? We are paying customers. I'm working from home (as are many others I suspect), and this is unacceptable. Come on guys! Please tell me there's a fix for this issue.

My modem's details:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1.0 00000000

NBN technology: HFC 100/20.

Shane

We got you, @mikelambrellis

Let us see what causing rebooting issue of the modem. Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the initial investigation.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I'm getting the same issue. Started happening a couple of weeks ago after a couple of years of flawless service. It was happening every few hours until the last few days when it sped up. This morning it was happening every few minutes. I did a factory reset as described here - via the web console. It's now gone back to every hour or so. This is ridiculous. @BasilDV and @Shane - what are TPG going to do about this? We are paying customers. I'm working from home (as are many others I suspect), and this is unacceptable. Come on guys! Please tell me there's a fix for this issue.

My modem's details:

Firmware Version:0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 220518 Rel.32480n

Hardware Version:Archer VR1600v v1.0 00000000

NBN technology: HFC 100/20.

ScottJervis
Level 2

Hi -  

I've been having the same issue with my VR1600v rebooting 3-4 times a day - tried identical replacement modem, swapped power supplies, factory reset, etc. Could someone check out my connection/modem?

Regards,
Scott

BasilDV

Hi @ScottJervis 

We'd like to look into this further in order to confirm if the issue is with the device or the network.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

RDO
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all. My modem has also started doing this more frequently, 3-4 times per day. Sometimes it will reboot itself, other times I have to reboot it via the switch on the back. Nothing at my end has changed. 

It seems this is a common issue recently, has there  been any general cause or fix? 

QuantumKnot
Level 2

Hello,

I've been getting this issue for the past few months.  Usually it resolves temporarily after a full hardware reset, but then after a while it comes back again, i.e. all the LED lights would light up and then all go dark except the power, signifying a reboot.

Ahra_G

Hi @QuantumKnot,

We're here to assist! Please send us a private message and we'll pull up your account. 

-Ahra_G