TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to send emails over 4G

SOLVED Go to solution
rom23l
Level 2
Hi TPG Community,
Hoping you can help with a frustrating issue I have.

I ported number across from Optus to Telstra with a new Samsung mobile. Unfortunately now I can't send email when I'm in the 4G (mobile) connection. The Strange thing is I can receive emails and sent emails via Wifi.

I'm using GMail as I have all other Gmail email accounts.

Please help. I've already tried all if not most of the outgoing settings.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @rom23l,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Since your email is working via TPG WiFi internet, you need to check the email settings that are required for Telstra 4G service. You need to make sure that you are able to access the internet using your 4G service with them.

If the email is still not working, you may contact your 4G provider to check it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

rom23l
Level 2
Thank You @BasilDV

Needs to be set to smtp.telatra.com port 25.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BasilDV

Hi @rom23l,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Since your email is working via TPG WiFi internet, you need to check the email settings that are required for Telstra 4G service. You need to make sure that you are able to access the internet using your 4G service with them.

If the email is still not working, you may contact your 4G provider to check it further.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

rom23l
Level 2
Thank You @BasilDV

Needs to be set to smtp.telatra.com port 25.
bgriff79
Level 2
Hi
I am with Vodafone and I have the same issue on wifi I can send emails but 4g I am unable
Shane

Hi @bgriff79,

If you are with Vodafone, you need to update the outgoing email server of the email client using the carrier's outgoing email server just like what OP did.

Regards

Hi
I am with Vodafone and I have the same issue on wifi I can send emails but 4g I am unable