TPG Community

Get online support

UniFi USG Pro setup on NBN FTTP

Antony
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased a couple of UniFi products to use around the house, and I'm having trouble setting up my USG Pro. I've got FTTP NBN (which has worked perfectly up to now) and am currently using a Fritz Box 7390 as my router/access point + a UniFi HD. I have a Gen 1 Cloud Key as well. 

What I'm finding trouble with is setting up the USG Pro. When I attempt the setup, I first disconnect everything from my network (all devices) and then unplug the Fritz Box completely. I then plug an ethernet cable from my NTD Box inside to the WAN 1 port on the USG Pro, and plug anothe cable from the LAN 1 port into a switch, which has my cloud key and computer connected to it. In my mind, theoretically, this should work, but it doesn't. In this scenario, I am unable to connect to the cloud key from my computer, and when i log into the USH Pro (at 192.168.1.1), it gives me a message saying that it is unable to connect to the internet (picture attached). When I plug my computer straight into the USG Pro (throught the LAN 1 port), it still says that it cannot connect to the internet. 

Even when I fill out the required information (username, password, VLAN 2, PPPoE), nothing changes.

I am really stuck, and would hate to have to not use this device, as I've heard great things about the entire UniFi ecosystem.

With Regards,

Antony

4 REPLIES 4
peter_k

Hi Antony

Try deselecting the ''Use VLAN Id" checkbox on your Unifi Pro.

For FTTP you dont use VLAN 2.

You will still need to leave the connection type as PPPoE with correct Username / Password.

Regards,

Peter

Antony
Level 2

Thank you for your reply, Peter. I have tried doing this (today and in the past), but I've still received the same result (i.e. not connecting to the internet). At this point, I'm wondering if I have a faulty unit or if it is something on TPG's end.

peter_k

Hi

If you get your Laptop and set up a PPPoE connection via Ethernet directly to the NTD you will see that you can get a connection. This is simulating what your USG Pro should be doing.

When setting up a connection on your Laptop only your Username and password is used and with the default VLAN. (Not VLAN2)
To try this follow this guide:

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/921/

We are unable to support 3rd party equipment but that does not mean that it wont work.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Peter

Antony
Level 2

Thank you, Peter, I will give this a try when I am next able. Hopefully, I am able to connect and work it out. 

-Antony