TPG Community

Get online support

Username and password incorrect. Manual and Wizard config. Netgear AC1200

SOLVED Go to solution
gsm-just-works
Level 2

Hi all.

I have identical problem as here.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Incorrect-ISP-username-and-password/m-p/82220#M96...

Probably same device (screenshots match).

Username and password incorrect.

I use the same combination as for logging in to the tpg account, so those must be fine.

The mentioned thread shows as Solved, but I could not really find a link to solution.

Using wizard returns the error about Username and password incorrect.

Error message from ginie and manual config in screenshots.

Manual config returns no error, but internet LED is red, while DSL is stable green.

Tested with VLANID = 2

Tested with user with 'tpg.com.au' and 'TPG.com.au' as suffix.

Checked for spaces in username or password.

Checked with DNS being TPG or Automatic (not that it matters until it is not connected to the internet).

I ran out of ideas. Tech support on infoline, despite kind and supportive, seems to be out of ideas as well. They confirmed my line is live and that they see the modem plugged in on their end, however, authentication fails.

TPG confirms they see my device connected (line is there), it just fails to authenticate.

Did you guys experienced issues with username and pass?

Netgear AC1200 with latest firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gsm-just-works
Level 2

hi@Ahra_G  thanks. in the post opening the thread and then confirmed by @BasilDV  my line works. "We can confirm that the modem/router is getting a signal from the NBN server, but it won't communicate using your TPG credentials." I was also mentioning that DSL LED is solid green. maybe you have been responding to some other thread. cheers.

@BasilDV 

It seems like a hardware problem. I changed modem to a different vdsl and it works just after giving most basic config info like in any tutorial. On the old one, it was failing on initial firmware and after firmware update. If anybody has similar issues:

- solid green light for DLS connection (line ok)

- proven login details by logging to tpg account

- correct config

yet still cannot authenticate - just check the hardware - configure your details on different modem, or take yours to friends and config with their detaisl to see if will work on another line.

good luck

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @gsm-just-works

Welcome to the Community!

Are you under the NBN BYO plan? If yes, then no need to set the VLAN ID.

Now for the username and password, did you use the username@tpg.com.au?

We'd like to check on what's the response from the server upon entering the credentials.

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

gsm-just-works
Level 2

done.

tested with @TPG.com.au added and not.

tested with VLANID =2 and 'disabled'

BasilDV

Hi @gsm-just-works

We'll be waiting for your account details to be provided via PM to check on this further,

BasilDV

gsm-just-works
Level 2

@BasilDV 

Hi.

I sent it to Manuel by mistake. I reached max number of PM i can send Smiley Wink One Smiley Happy

any chance you could get it from him?

time to time i will be checking when the lock expires to send it via PM to you.

BasilDV

Hi @gsm-just-works

I was able to get the details from Manuel and learned that there's an open ticket from our Engineers.

We can confirm that the modem/router is getting a signal from the NBN server, but it won't communicate using your TPG credentials.

Could you factory reset the modem/router, then try to configure it? The VLAN tagging should be disabled since you are under the NBN BYO plan.

Let me know once done for us to check if the device is trying to communicate with the server.

BasilDV

gsm-just-works
Level 2

@BasilDV  hi. the technical arrived today. replaces something, saying it was broken and left. No improvement. So the router was factory resetted. steps followed again. identical results. User and Pass incorrect in the wizard configuration. Fallback to manual config. I am attaching the screenshots here: the error message from wizard and manual config. Would you please take a look and comment on config? (tested with user being just the shortname and shortname@tpg.com.au

Ahra_G

I'd recommend to skip the configuration step for now @gsm-just-works. 

Since there is no signal on line, we will not get any response if the username & password will work due to loss of connection from the line to the modem. 

The assigned Engineer has been made aware that a reset was done and should be in touch for any updates once available. 

-Ahra_G

gsm-just-works
Level 2

hi@Ahra_G  thanks. in the post opening the thread and then confirmed by @BasilDV  my line works. "We can confirm that the modem/router is getting a signal from the NBN server, but it won't communicate using your TPG credentials." I was also mentioning that DSL LED is solid green. maybe you have been responding to some other thread. cheers.

@BasilDV 

It seems like a hardware problem. I changed modem to a different vdsl and it works just after giving most basic config info like in any tutorial. On the old one, it was failing on initial firmware and after firmware update. If anybody has similar issues:

- solid green light for DLS connection (line ok)

- proven login details by logging to tpg account

- correct config

yet still cannot authenticate - just check the hardware - configure your details on different modem, or take yours to friends and config with their detaisl to see if will work on another line.

good luck

BasilDV

Thanks for the update @gsm-just-works.

Glad that the service is working after you configure a different VDSL modem/router.

If your Netgear modem/router is still under warranty, then you may check if you can get a replacement or contact Netgear support if a firmware update is available.

Have a great weekend!

BasilDV