TPG Community

Get online support

VX220-G2v Wifi Issue

SOLVED Go to solution
Level 2

This has kept me up all night - multiple router restarts and and resets but nothing seems to work. probably time to switch service providers with different routers. Extremely annoyed 

Ahra_G

Hi @Newbie,

Let's have a look and check what seems to be causing the drops. Send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

Luv2read
Level 2

im having the same issue please advise on what to do to fix this

some laptops are connecting via wifi while others arnt as well as tv's some connecting one isnt. This is becoming very annoying 

Level 2

My Solution, TPG replaced the modem

jebba
Level 2

Hello all,

I have had a VX420 installed and worked flawless on a NBN superfast plan. This VX420 failed. TPG advised they can only replace with a VX220. The wi-fi issues reported in this thread I am experiencing. TPG sent there own tech out to investigate. The tech initially experienced  the issue. He made a few chnges to settings in the modem. Seemed to work however several hours later back to the same issues. Note to restore ops requires a power off/on but only temporary fix. Still no good. This has been ongoing for weeks now. Any suggestions? Obviously an issue with this VX220 as the internet has many complaints. Is it a faulty unit or another issue. I know the previous user said unit replaced as a solution. Surely there wouldn't be that many faulty units out of production? What is really going on with these VX220 units? Can the community please assist?

Level 2

Hi jebba, I completely agree the solution should not be to replace the VX220 with another VX220 modem - the solution should be replace the VX220 with completely new reliable modem. In my case, the solution, offered by TPG, was to replace my current VX220 with another VX220. The rep said that TPG is unaware of these issues with VX220? Clearly they do not read this forum then? Regardless, my neighbour also had exact same issue with her VX220 (her service provider is iPrimus) and it too replaced her modem with another VX220 - clearly there is an issue with this model. Again in my case, I can't yet say it's been a successful solution as it is only day one on the new VX220! To its credit, TPG sent the replacement within 36 hours. sorry I can't help on your immediate issue but I will say, in my case, the old modem "corrected" it's self 24 hours later. I did unplug and reseat the LAN cables and changed their order on the modem, also only reseating them one at a time, and only plugged the next LAN cable in once that connected device became live. I can't say that resolved it, rather I believe VX220 corrected itself.

jebba
Level 2

Hi Newbie, It's good TPG are supporting your case with a fast replacement VX220. Do you mind letting me know if the replacement VX220 was a success? Thank you.

jebba
Level 2

Hi Newbie,

Any news on the replacement VX220?

qak
Level 3
Level 3

I've had this router for a week and had to restart it three times already. Not very impressed, I do have better things to do than troubleshoot. It was a replacement for an Archer 1600 whatever.

The problem I get is that either (a) devices are connected by wifi but lose internet connection; or (b) the wifi  connection drops out.

edit - since these problems have been appearing in this group for a couple of years I'm wondering why the vx220 is still being provided? Why is TPG wasting our and their time with this?

Level 2

Apologies Jebba, I forgot to update the forum. The new modem arrived and seems it has done the fix. Time will tell.