VX220

jebba
Level 2

Hello all,

I have had a VX420 installed and worked flawless on a NBN superfast plan. This VX420 failed. TPG advised they can only replace with a VX220. The wi-fi issues reported in the TPG community I am experiencing. TPG sent there own tech out to investigate. The tech initially experienced  the issue. He made a few chnges to settings in the modem ( which require a reboot to activate ). Seemed to work however several hours later back to the same issues. Note to restore ops requires a power off/on but only temporary fix. Still no good. This has been ongoing for weeks now. Any suggestions? Obviously an issue with this VX220 as the internet has many complaints. Is it a faulty unit or another issue. I know some solutions have been to replace VX220 unit again. Surely there wouldn't be that many faulty units out of production? What is really going on with these VX220 units? Can the community please assist?

8 REPLIES 8
Aubrey

Hi @jebba, we'd like to take a closer look at this and make sure you're getting the most out of your service. Please send your details via private message so we can look into the technician's report and provide further recommendations from there.

jebba
Level 2

Hello Aubrey,

I have PM'ed you. Hope you can assist.

jebba
Level 2

Hello, following up with you

BasilDV

Hi @jebba 

We've responded to your PM and will be waiting for your reply.

BasilDV

jebba
Level 2

Hello BasilDV,

"Hi @jebba I'm reaching out since @Aubrey is not available. We're keen to look into what we can arrange for you. Please fill out the details below to complete the verification."

I did give @Aubrey username details. Not sure I should be giving out all those additional details in a forum even if its PM'ed.

If you dont mind looking into generically as there are many reports of the same.

Thank you

BasilDV

Hi @jebba 

We need the details for us to confirm that we are working on the correct account.

In order to check on the issue with your hardware, you can contact our Tech team directly on 1300 997 271.

BasilDV

Level 2

Hi Jebba, the replacement VX220 has been operating for about 48 hrs without incident and is behaving as it should. Bear in mind, the original VX220 also performed perfectly for the first 2 months. So far so good.

jebba
Level 2

Hi Newbie,

Thanks for the update. It's appreciated.

The VX220 works connected to the internet. The wifi has issues. Note band steering turned off and OFDMA is turned off. The tpg tech that visited had issues with wifi also. Im operating using another wifi router in access point mode to use its wif with no issues.

Have you made any changes to wifi settings like band steering or OFDMA on the new VX220?