TPG Community

Get online support

VX420-G2h ISSUE WITH VIRTUAL SERVER

SOLVED Go to solution
ivansileo80
Level 2

Hi Basil,

finally TPG sent me a new Router hoping it fix few issues with the connect (NBN drops me out every 3h).

However I'm writing for another issue after that i spoke with TPG operator and they are not able to help, i'll be appreciated if you can help with that.

I got a new router from TPG : VX420-G2h and because i live away from home the first think that i did was to enable the access to the remoter remote;y (using a service NO-IP) (SEE PHOTO3), basically i went in Advanced > SystemTools>Administration  and i enbled the option Remote Management insering the port number 8080 . It work good, when i'm away from home, i digiit myDomainName:8080 and i can access to the router (SEE PHOTO1)

The problem is with the other devices that i tried to access. I tried to set up the cameras to by the  Nat Forwarding > Virtual Server adding each single service,ex.port,internal ip,internal port and both the protocol . When i diigit from external myDomainName:xxxx (xxxx is the external Port set in the virtual server), nothing happen . What is strange is that i just copy the parameter from the Archer1600 modem (everything works on this old modem). Only difference that i noted between the 2 router when i set the virtual server is that the new modem (VX420-G2H) has a list of ''Interface Name'  and i selected PPOE_PTM_2_1 (but i think it is irrilevant) (SEE PHOTO 3).

I also tried to disable the FIREWALL on the router and on the computer that i'm using . Hoever what is strange is that i can access to the router but not to the other device ? Is it something that i should change on the router ?Any other idea ?

Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@ivansileo80 . In the router admin, check that the interface name you have selected is the one showing as Connected in the DSL display.

In the router Client List, are the cameras showing up with the expected ip addresses?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @ivansileo80 . In port forwarding, you have selected PTM interface. This is for FTTB/FTTN. If you have an NBN box interface, select interface ewan_pppoe.

Do your cameras have fixed local ip addresses to match the ip addresses in the rules?

david64
Level 15

@ivansileo80 . Regarding Remote Management, you might like to change the admin password to something more secure. Your router might be found randomly from the internet.

ivansileo80
Level 2
Hi, I have FTTN50. Does it means that my selection is correct? If so, why it doesn't work? Thanks
ivansileo80
Level 2
Yep, the password is different. Thanks
david64
Level 15

@ivansileo80 . In the router admin, check that the interface name you have selected is the one showing as Connected in the DSL display.

In the router Client List, are the cameras showing up with the expected ip addresses?

ivansileo80
Level 2

DAVID64,  thanks for the help mate.

Issue solved, basically you were right,  the interface name i have selected was not the one showing as Connected in the DSL display. i spent 1.5h at phone with TPG and they said that was a camera problem.

THANKS FOR YOU SUPPORT