TPG Community

Get online support

back up settings in the Archer VR1600v

adslwhii2
Level 2

It seems backup/save configuration file function is not available on the router TPG provides.

If the router breaks for some reasons (ie: Lightning Fall), what will I able to action??

Purchasing surplus Archer VR1600v from you will be a disaster recovery plan wisely?

I want to be 99.999% uptime in my home the Internet env under any situations.

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Do you have the VR1600v user guide. The manual I have which might be from 2017 describes Backup/Restore on page 90.

12. 3. Back up and Restore Configuration Settings
The configuration settings are stored as a configuration file in the router. You can back
up the configuration file to your computer for future use and restore the modem router
to a previous settings from the backup file when needed. Moreover, if needed you can
erase the current settings and reset the modem router to the default factory settings.
 To back up configuration settings
1. Visit http://tplinkmodem.net, and log in with the account you set for the router.
2. Click Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore page.
3. Click Backup to save a copy of the current settings to your local computer. A conf.
bin file will be stored to your computer.
 To restore configuration settings
1. Visit http://tplinkmodem.net, and log in with the account you set for the router.
2. Click Advanced > System Tools > Backup & Restore page.
3. Click Browse to locate the previous backup configuration file, and click Restore.
4. Wait for the restoring and then the modem router will automatically reboot.

adslwhii2
Level 2

I have tried to find it by navigating Advanced > System Tools  already before I posted, however no "Backup & Restore" is displayed.

I only can see the following:

Time Settings
LED Control
Diagnostics
Firmware Upgrade
Reboot
Administration
System Log
SNMP Settings
Traffic Monitor

david64
Level 15

TPG might be able to upgrade the router firmware to provide this function.

strepto42
Level 2

Looks like they downgraded it to remove that function, so not likely... thanks TPG