TPG Community

Get online support

bridge an archer ac1600

megmars
Level 2

i have two archer ac 1600 modem routers from tpg.  I have followed the instructions on this page https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/How-to-turn-on-bridge-mode-on-the-TP-Link-1600v/t... to bridge the modem.  all the settings have been input as described in my base modem router.  I have now attached the second router via ethernet cable to the bridged router but no internet connection follows when i connect a device wirelessly to the second router.  What do you suggest?

3 REPLIES 3
TimZH
Level 2

Just adding to this thread. I have also followed those instructions and set up bridge mode on the archer modem.

I then set my Asus AC68U to router only mode, pppoe connection with my TPG username/password. The WAN port on Asus is connected to one of the LAN ports on Archer. However it does not connect at all. Asus log shows this: pppd[625]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets.

I rebooted both modem/router but still no connection. Can some one show us what to do please?

BasilDV

Hi @megmars

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate an Email only account using your community details, but not your internet service account.

We'd like to look into your account and analyze if the setup that you are doing is correct.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @TimZH,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We tried to locate your account using your community details to no avail.

Once bridged, the VLAN ID that is required for the connection to work will be disabled.

You need to set the VLAN ID with your router, however, it still depends on the type of NBN technology you have if it's going to work.

You may send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number for further assistance.

BasilDV