TPG Community

Get online support

connect a Huawei HG659 to NBN

saragarces89
Level 2

Hi! I'm would like to know if I can connect a Huawei HG659 modem to NBN? I have it from an old internet provider but not sure how to configure it for TPG. Tried to log in but the connection to the internet is not successful after adding my username and password. Any thoughts? Manual set-up can be done?

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @saragarces89 . Do factory reset. The settings are PPPoE, username with @tpg.com.au and password. That's all for FTTP connection. For other connections, you need VLAN ID=2. You'll have to search for that screen. Tick Enable VLAN, VLAN ID=2, 802.1p=0.

FTTB, FTTN connections use the RJ11 port.

FTTC, HFC, FTTP use ethernet WAN port. 

There might be a setting for which port is being used.

saragarces89
Level 2

Hi @david64 thanks for your response. I did the reset but looks like the modem keeps going to the old provider settings. I tried with my username and password but is not connecting to the internet. Any ideas? is any manual settings I could try?

david64
Level 15

@saragarces89 . After reset, you should be able to login to admin and change the settings and save them.

saragarces89
Level 2

are saved but it doesn't connect to internet

david64
Level 15

@saragarces89 . Does the WAN light on HG659 come on?

What type of NBN connection do you have?

(It looks like the router can tell which interface is being used.)

If there is an NBN box, what lights are on?

The username and password are the ones for MyAccount and Post Office, not Community ones or router admin ones.

Last thing; have TPG advised that the connection is ready?