TPG Community

Get online support

google chromecast doesnt work with sagemcom 5g wifi router

david64
Level 15

@reh06 . Using a spare router as an access point was one way to attach wifi devices which were being refused by the Sagemcom. There is the suggestion above by nicolasoz; apparently has the effect of disabling AP isolation. Also, another suggestion involves using a guest network.

reh06
Level 3

@david64 wrote:

@reh06 . Using a spare router as an access point was one way to attach wifi devices which were being refused by the Sagemcom. There is the suggestion above by nicolasoz; apparently has the effect of disabling AP isolation. Also, another suggestion involves using a guest network.

Thanks David, i have disabled AP isolation and tried a guest network. Can confirm both don't work

rrajagopal
Level 2

@reh06 
Did you "ÖFF" the enable button below Access Point Names tab? Although the Access point Names shows OFF the tab below shows "ON" and turning it OFF worked for me

reh06
Level 3

yes @rrajagopal, found the screenshot that someone shared and did that. But did that help you connect to your Google devices from your phone? Or did you also have to use another router as an access point?

I didn't use a second router. i will try rebooting my router to check if it works. Hoping there's a firmware update soon

reh06
Level 3

Ok here's what i did to finally get it to work without a second router. Thanks for all the help but i don't think this is the cleanest solution

1. Internet Connectivity > Access Point Names > Wait for page to load and Turn "ÖFF" the enable button below Access Point Names tab. Although the Access point Names shows OFF, the second tab below shows "ON" and turning it OFF was required
2. Set up a guest station. Only turned on 2.4 GHz
3. Reset all my google home devices and set it up again connecting to this new guest station Wifi

Could group the speakers which i couldn't do previously when the speakers worked on the wifi. Not sure why it doesn't play well with the general Wifi but i'm hoping that is fixed so that i'm not currently managing three separate wifi connections.

climatron
Level 2
I've got all the same issues as everyone else. Still unresolved.
1. Changed the name so no special characters
2. Turned off access point
3. Made sure both devices on same wifi (and both appear on the admin console of the router)
4. Turned on upnp.
5. Set up a guest network and connected them to that.
6. Separated out 2.4 hz network from the rest of it.

Result is the attached screenshot.
climatron
Level 2

@climatron wrote:
I've got all the same issues as everyone else. Still unresolved.
1. Changed the name so no special characters
2. Turned off access point
3. Made sure both devices on same wifi (and both appear on the admin console of the router)
4. Turned on upnp.
5. Set up a guest network and connected them to that.
6. Separated out 2.4 hz network from the rest of it.

Result is the attached screenshot.

My problem got fixed by connecting an old router to tpg's modem and then connecting to the router instead of what tpg supplied. This was actually TPG's original recommendation (the hardware we provided is insufficient, so to get things to work, you can buy your own) but they also had the caveat "we can't ensure you that buying a router will fix your problem". In my case it did though. 

flaxsolace
Level 2

I had some luck here today creating a guest 5Ghz network and connecting my Chromecast to that. Here's the steps that worked for me:

• Login to the router admin
  • Scroll to the bottom and click the settings icon for Guest Stations
  • Make sure 2.4Ghz is disabled, and 5Ghz is enabled
  • I gave my guest network a custom name and password, but don't imagine this is required
  • Go into Chromecast wifi settings and forget your current network, then connect to the new guest network
  • Connect your other device to the same guest network and see if casting works
Tv
Level 2
Level 2
Finally, after many hours of calling and troubleshooting I made it work. Thanks to the previous post. Thank you mate.

By the way it is a crime from the provider to offer such a device without any solution and then when I call the support team they said oops sorry it’s a limitation of the modem. But they should advised when they push me to get 5G. Now they said to me that you can always switch to broadband for more money. After 15 years with TPG I’m really thinking to get it a better provider. Also last six months the speed dropped extremely and whenever I call they said that they were working on the tower. Full of excuses , the quality of TPG went downhill.