rv320 with TPG NBN

casaperu
Level 2

hi, all.

recently got a TPG NBN 50/20 and ntd installed.

chose to connect our own CISCO rv320 router to match our headoffice rv 320 and run VPN.

we currently successfully use rv320 on TPG ADSL2+ & TPG Ethernet at other sites, work very well and easy to setup.

BUT NO LUCK on TPG NBN. rv320 says connected WAN1 to TPG NTD but cannot ping the gateway nor the TPG dns servers nor anything internet, there is packets in the statistics of rrv320. 

can anyone please assist:

is the rv320 incompatible with TPG NBN?

or has anyone have successfully configured anrv320 with TPG NBN with supplied NTD?

greatly appreciated in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @casaperu,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We've searched for your account using your email address, but can't verify the details. We'd like to look into it further to understand the situation.

Are you able to describe or post a picture of your setup (physical)?

When you said you cannot ping the gateway? Is it the gateway of your router Cisco router?

When you were using it to your previous TPG ADSL2+ service, is it connected to a modem?

We just need to visualize it further for us to provide proper information.

Kind regards,

casaperu
Level 2

Hello, BasilDV. thanks for replying. i can send our service ID privately.

i cannot post pics of the physicals it is interstate. but i can give details as follows:

when ordering the service, labelled by TPG:

Access Method

NBN

Access Speed

50Mbps/20Mbps

we chose to use our own router because 

we wanted to use CISCO RV320 across all 4 offices + 3 remote home offices

we assumed the NTDs would give us Ethernet,

in this particular VIC site we got TPG hybrid coax, a TPG NTD with a single port #1 and ethernet cable to connect our router.

the CISCO RV320 router has always said its WAN is connected (to the NTD) with packets reported but dns ping and tracert all fail to the TPG gateway or anything beyond, we seek assistance in making it work if it can. i can post the config files.

a TPG tech with a HUAWEI AR169F successfully connected to the internet in a troubleshoot visit.

i have been loosely told the CISCO RV320 needs to be NBN VDSL compatible, which i thought the NTD would do and give us ethernet on its one inside port.

I will be doing 6 more of these, so i need to get it right, your help would be greatly appreciated.

drbob
Level 6

I am on HFC/NBN with an NBN NTD and a HG659 VDSL modem.

The NTD is connected the NBN via coax cable and to the HG659 via RJ45-terminated CAT5/6 cable and the HG659 must be configured to connect to TPG using user name and password. The HG659 has WiFi, phone sockets and four RJ45 ports, any of which could be used to connect to your RV320.

JongR

You need to set a VLAN ID of 2 in your Cisco RV320 router.

Please refer to the following previous discussions posted in the Community:

Alternate router to use on HFC

Replace Huawei router with ASUS ac87u Plug straight into NTD of HFC NBN

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
casaperu
Level 2

hello, and thank you ALL for your input.

here is what we did and learned.

the cisco RV320 AND the cisco RV134W are NOT compatible with the TPG supplied

(TPG HFC) NTD that has a customer-side RJ45 8wire cat5 socket pumping VDSL NOT ethernet.

On the other hand, a DLINK DSL-G225 connects sucessfully.

for this particular site, we will get TPG to supply their own pre-configured AR169F CPE./ ROUTER. we do NOT want to waste any more time, we need TPG BizPhone to work, and we suspect any replacement modem/router we might choose can easily give us problems.

IF we can work out our IPSEC VPN somehow behind TPG's AR169F CPE well be OK.

IF not, we'll wait for the TPG contract to run out and we'll go 4wire ethernet on all the other sites.

once again, than you all for your input

casaperu
Level 2

thanks for your post

TPG advised on the phone (absurd it does not say so in their confirmation email) to set VLAN to 100.

please explain why you say set it to 2.

thank yous.

@JongRwrote:

You need to set a VLAN ID of 2 in your Cisco RV320 router.

Please refer to the following previous discussions posted in the Community:

Alternate router to use on HFC

Replace Huawei router with ASUS ac87u Plug straight into NTD of HFC NBN

JongR

Simply sharing feedback on what seemed to have worked with some customers who all generously shared their success stories here in the Community.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.
casaperu
Level 2

thank you.

Ronaldj
Level 2

Hi, how do you tag VLAN 2 on ethernet0 on the cisco router? I have been  on this for days.