TPG Community

Get online support

2 days in - NBN dropouts

BamBam
Level 2
Any tips or advice on how to quickly have a tech issue addressed without swinging on the TPG tech line forever?

The short version is nbn connected Thursday. Was going well until about 11 today when intermittent connection/dropouts started happening. Tried a second known working modem instead of the supplied TPG unit. Both intermittent connection. Further investigation showed the lights on the nbn supplied box with online light going on and off.

Any tips on how to escalate this issue to have it addressed in a timely manner?

Thanks,
Bambam
3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @BamBam

Welcome to Community! 

Based on the result of the remote tests we ran, there were drop outs on the connection however we are yet to determine the cause. I have raised the issue to our Engineering team to further investigate the cause. 

If you have a preferred time to be contacted, please do let us know so we can pass it along to our Engineering team. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

BamBam
Level 2
Can anyone give an indication on how long is a usual period for NBN/TPG to rectify an intermittent fault.

I've already had one call a few days in telling me the line had been monitored for 24 hours with no faults, when I responded saying that it is incorrect because I've also monitored it and there were several faults the call ended promptly.

Tonight I've had minutes of actual connection time in about the last hour.
I've tried all I can at my end, new and known working cables, new and known working modern routers.

I'm over 1 week in to this new connection and also this fault situation and concerned that there will be no resolution any time soon.

Regards,
BamBam
Ahra_G

Hi @BamBam

Due to the past weather conditions, most infrastructure were affected hence the delay in the restoration of the services. 

As of the moment, there is an ongoing maintenance. You may check the status of the maintenance or any outage through this link for reference: 

NBN Network Outages

Our Engineering team is continuously monitoring the progress of the case and will be in touch for any new updates available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

Ahra_G