404 error

clontarf
Level 2
Hi, I’ve just had nbn HFC installed. Previously I was running an Netgear Orbi meshed wifi off the Telstra cable modem. It was working well.

I now have an extra box in the chain as the TPG TPlink Router between the nbn Cable modem and the Netgear Orbi network. I’m continually getting 404 Error messages when I connect to the Orbi network (which I need to cover the house).

I’ve read where I need to either set the TPlink modem to bridge mode or to set the Orbi to AP mode.

Any suggestions?

I’m currently averaging 20mg download on the 100 plan so not happy with throughput either!
5 REPLIES 5
clontarf
Level 2
After many attempts I’ve managed to ‘fix’ the problem. I’ve turnwd off the wifi on the TPLink TPG modem and then set the Orbi to being AP. It was a little difficult as the 404 error was stopping me from logging in to admin on the Orbi, but I found a way around that.

There is still a degradation of service on the wifi, much greater than when I was on Telstra cable, and I’m not getting expected speeds but I’ll sort that later.
Will

Hi @clontarf

Welcome to the Community!

I'm glad that you're able to find a way to sort it out. Thank you also for giving everyone in the community an idea of getting a TP-Link modem and a Netgear Obi to work together.

Do let us know if you have other concerns or if you need help in checking the connection speed later.

Regards,

m1shep
Level 2

Hi there.

I am having the same issues as above.

I am not computer savy and would like if you could explain this in very simple terms for me please.

I can not access any websites that are deemed unsafe and keep being asked for a username and password to access them.  Then get error 404?/

Help please 

Matt

Riezl

Hi @m1shep, we are sorry to know that you are having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

Jod1e
Level 2

Hi there,

I am having this exact problem too.  Can TPG please assist?  The error 404 message only appears when using wifi, but not on my main PC that is connected to the router.  I use Orbi to mesh the house for wifi.  I'm also not computer savvy and have no idea how to fix this!  Any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks