TPG Community

Get online support

5Ghz wifi has to be rebooted several times a day

zuzuspetals
Level 2

I have the supplied modem for NBN with TPG. The 2GHZ band is stable but provides low internet speeds. The 5GHZ band is super fast but needs to be rebooted a few times a day as devices keep reporting 'No internet' when connected to it. Any tips? Would a new modem help?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @zuzuspetals

Welcome to the Community!

We've created some articles that may help improve your home WiFi network.

What is the make and model of the current modem/router that you are using? 

BasilDV

zuzuspetals
Level 2

Thanks for the information which I've now read.  The modem router is well placed. The 5GHZ signal works for most of the day but then the flow of data stops. Even when I'm in the same room as it when nothing is in the way, I can connect devices to the 5GHZ signal but once connected it says 'No internet'. So it's not so much the signal as the internet itself. The only way to fix this is to reboot the modem, which I need to do once or twice a day (sometimes more) to restore the internet.

I've also tried changing the channels for the 5GHZ wifi. I've tried every option now and I still get the same result: it works for a while but then, although connected to 5GHZ, there's no flow of data.

The modem I'm using is the supplied TPG one: tp-link Archer VR1600v

Thanks

David

BasilDV

Hi @zuzuspetals

The last option that you may try is to factory reset the modem/router. This will erase the changes that you've made, but you can still reconfigure them.

The modem/router should automatically reconfigure itself after a few minutes. If in some cases it did not connect to the internet, you may configure the modem/router manually.

Refer to this link: 

How to set up your TP-Link VR1600v modem

Let us know if the issue persists.

BasilDV