TPG Community

Get online support

A tale of two cities (NBN speeds & stability in Perth)

mikes86
Level 2

I've recently moved from Sydney (where i was also with TPG, but FTTB) where i had absolutely zero issues in 12 months. 100-120mpbs regularly, probably the best, most stable internet service i've ever had.

I've moved to perth a couple of days ago, and signed up prior to arriving with the FTTN 100mbps package. I've been massively disappointed to find that not only am i getting nowhere near 100mbps (25mbps), but after around 5pm, the connection is lost every 30 minutes or so and goes down for 3-5 minutes. Last night (6.02) was particularly horrendous where i simply gave up after 6 or 7 disconnects.

This really is unacceptable. I've tried calling TPG but they did the standard "Escalation" protocol, which is fine, but i haven't heard back yet. The dropouts actually give me an indication that it's a provider issue, not a line/house/infrastructure issue, since the connection is stable during the day (but still slow at 25mbps).

My friend who is with superloop is getting 90mbps consistently with FTTN. Is it a bandwidth issue? I feel like i'm simply getting kicked off when the network is too busy.

5 REPLIES 5
Riezl

We're sorry to know that you're having issues with the service and we apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you, @mikes86.

We'd like to check what is causing this and help with the resolution. Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

mikes86
Level 2

have just PM'ed. Thanks.

Has been more stable tonight (Sunday night) with no disconnects yet. 7:58pm.

Riezl

Thanks for sending the details via PM, @mikes86. We can see that your concern has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

The team is still waiting for an update from NBN Co., but we have already made a follow up and we'll make sure that the case engineer will contact you as soon as a new feedback becomes available.

mikes86
Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me. They have been sending me messages via text. I will wait for NBN Co.

Riezl

Thanks @mikes86. Feel free to drop us a message should you have further queries.