ASUS RT AX3000

SOLVED Go to solution
LAN21USER
Level 2

Hi,

I am still using my TPG Modem from 2015 and I want to upgrade to a WiFi 6 router as I now have more devices using the internet. 

Does the ASUS AX3000 (AX-58U) work with 50Mbs TPG NBN. I haved looked in the manual and it supports PPOE, LAN AND WAN Ports and also VOIP.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @LAN21USER

We can confirm that the chosen router will work with your NBN service.

You just need to configure it with the PPPoE connection type and put in your TPG username and password.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hey, LAN21USER.

What type of NBN service do we have there? If you have NBN-FTTP standalone router should work however for NBN-FTTN, HFC and FTTC a VLAN ID configure requires to setup the internet connection.

Here is a sample of the settings.

VLAN = 2

connection = VDSL PPPoE

username = TPG username

password = TPG Password

Note: VoIP will only work using our supplied modem/router.

Regards,

LAN21USER
Level 2

Hi and thank you for your quick response.

NBN service is FTTP.

VOIP is not an issue.

Regards

BasilDV

Hi @LAN21USER

We can confirm that the chosen router will work with your NBN service.

You just need to configure it with the PPPoE connection type and put in your TPG username and password.

Cheers!

LAN21USER
Level 2

Hi and thank you for your quick responses.

As I am not a very technical person I am grateful for the information you have given me.

Regards

LAN21USER
Level 2

Hi,

Just to let you know that changing over to the ASUS AX3000 went very smoothly and was completed with no problems.

Thanks again 

Regards

Rica_R

Thanks for keeping us posted, glad to hear that changing the device went smooth sailing. Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.

Regards, 

johndagg
Level 2
I saw this older post that confirms this modem works with TPG. I guess you can see my account....nbn fibre to the building, and using tp-link ax 5400. My question is how easy or difficult is it to bridge the tp-link modem/router.