Activation

ngoxuanthinh
Level 2

I'm a new customer of TPG. I paid the service on 26/10/2023.

I received NBN connection box today (17/11/2023) and the modem (02/11/2023).

I connected NBN connection box correctly based on the setup guideline and instruction video. AND WAIT MORE THAN 1 HOUR, WITH NO LUCK.  

What is the next step I can do? Please help asap.

IMG_2158.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
david64
Level 15

Hi @ngoxuanthinh . Have you received a message from TPG saying that your service is ready?

Have you connected the coaxial cable from wall socket to black NBN box?

From the photo, it looks like the connection is not active in NBN (only Power light is on).

Go to  nbnco.com.au  , enter your address. It will say the status of your service within NBN, either it is connected, or whether some work remains to be done.

ngoxuanthinh
Level 2

Hi @david64 

Have you received a message from TPG saying that your service is ready?
=> I don't think I received this message. Because today, I just got NBN connection box. Will this message be automatically sent to me after I get all the needed equipment? Or it was sent before?

Have you connected the coaxial cable from the wall socket to the black NBN box? 
=> Yes, I did. Please have a look.

Go to  nbnco.com.au, enter your address. It will say the status of your service within NBN, either it is connected, or whether some work remains to be done.
=> So, the next step is I need to call TPG?

david64
Level 15

@ngoxuanthinh . What date was the wall socket installed? Was it there from before?

When you applied to TPG for the connection, TPG would have checked that it was possible, done some paperwork, then contacted NBNCo to arrange the physical cabling and NBN network config. Unless it was already done from before.

I would have thought that both boxes would be sent at same time but there might have been a shortage of NBN boxes.

NBNCo is saying that their work is complete. They should advise TPG that your connection is completed.

TPG then makes the config changes in their network (whatever they are).

Then send you the message to connect it up.

The 3 lights being off on NBN box might just mean that TPG haven't activated the connection. Although, it ought to have been ready by the time you received the NBN box.

You could try sending a private message to one of the moderators to stir things along.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Signin to Community first.

PS. edit your previous post and delete the Screenshot photo with your address.

ngoxuanthinh
Level 2

@david64 

What date was the wall socket installed? Was it there from before?
=> Yes, it was there before. I don't know the date as I just move in.

I appreciate your communication and really helpful support.

david64
Level 15

@ngoxuanthinh . Since the wall socket was there from before, the previous resident may have taken the NBN box, coax cable and power supply. These belong to NBNCo and stay with the house. The wifi router is yours and goes with you.

BasilDV

Hi @ngoxuanthinh 

We'd like to check the status of your account activation and see how can we help.

Please send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV