Before FTTC install

qak
Level 3
Level 3

I'm just trying to clarify a few things before putting in a changeover request from our ADSL2 to FTTC:

- if we sign up to an 18month contract on NBN50 bundle, are we able to change to NBN12 OR NBN100 within the 18 months if we decide they would suit us better?

- in our house we have 4 phone points - does it matter which point we use for the MTD/modem?

- I understand we remove the filter/splitter at the point we install the MTC/modem, what about at the other 3 points?

- how do we get a battery backed up system as we have a person with medical issues in the house and need to make sure phone is always available?

- do we get to specify our existing phone number to be ported from Telstra (current landlone provider) so we can keep it?

- we also have a completely separate phone line which is currently inactive (no service), could that potentially be connected to FTTC in the future if we chose?

1 REPLY 1
Will

Hi @qak

Welcome to the Community!

Please review our responses to the questions you've raised:

- if we sign up to an 18month contract on NBN50 bundle, are we able to change to NBN12 OR NBN100 within the 18 months if we decide they would suit us better?
Yes, you can change NBN plans within the 18 months contract period

- in our house we have 4 phone points - does it matter which point we use for the MTD/modem?
- I understand we remove the filter/splitter at the point we install the MTC/modem, what about at the other 3 points?
It generally won't matter but you need to select a wall socket that is also near a powerpoint as you will power the Network Connection Device and the modem.

- how do we get a battery backed up system as we have a person with medical issues in the house and need to make sure phone is always available?
Unfortunately there is no back up battery system for FTTC.

- do we get to specify our existing phone number to be ported from Telstra (current landlone provider) so we can keep it?
You can specify this while doing the change over, you will be allowed to nominate a phone number to transfer across to TPG

- we also have a completely separate phone line which is currently inactive (no service), could that potentially be connected to FTTC in the future if we chose?
FTTC can be installed on an inactive line however TPG can only accommodate 1 active FTTC connection per address. Having said this, if you already have an active NBN connection with TPG
and choose to activate the inactive line, you many need to approach another service provider.

Let me know if you have other queries or concerns. We can also arrange a call back with our Sales Team if you're amenable.

Regards,