CGNAT

morgs
Level 2

I have been on the phone with TPG for an hour and passed onto 5 people - no one could confirm an answer to this question - can anyone help please?

I need to know if TPG use CGNAT to allocate IP addresses to their customers. If they do then it causes a problem with port forwarding which would be an issue for me and I won't be signing up for one of their NBN plans.

As an example Aussie Broadband can answer this questions on their own website: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/help-centre/nbn/tech-support/cg-nat/

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Shane

Hi @morgs ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We will raise this to our Network Engineering Team for investigation. To better understand the situation and additional reference, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

@morgs wrote:

I have been on the phone with TPG for an hour and passed onto 5 people - no one could confirm an answer to this question - can anyone help please?

I need to know if TPG use CGNAT to allocate IP addresses to their customers. If they do then it causes a problem with port forwarding which would be an issue for me and I won't be signing up for one of their NBN plans.

As an example Aussie Broadband can answer this questions on their own website: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/help-centre/nbn/tech-support/cg-nat/

Thanks

Shane

Hi @morgs ,

This has been raised to our Network Engineers we'll provide you feedback when it becomes available.

Regards,

@morgs wrote:

Thanks

morgs
Level 2

Thank you. What would be a reasonable time for them to respond so that I can make a decision?

Shane

Hi @morgs,

I just got a confirmation today, TPG does not use CGNAT. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Thank you. What would be a reasonable time for them to respond so that I can make a decision?

morgs
Level 2
Great, thanks for following up Shane.
Shane

You're welcome @morgs. In case you'll have queries in the future feel free to create a new there here in our community.

Cheers!

Great, thanks for following up Shane.
LISAM14
Level 2
I believe this is incorrect, tpg is using CGNAT ? , they just aren't offering the free opt out like Aussie, and its like pulling teeth trying to resolve this issue. shame for me because if they dont resolve taking me off cgnat I have no choice but to move to Aussie as its affecting me working from home, aswell as many many others in the company Australia wide ...those on Aussie though have had no issues since they opted out of CGNAT. right now its costing me snd many other staff time and money to stay with TPG, which is a shame because other than this they have been great and I have no complaints at all Smiley Sad
morgs
Level 2

That's interessting. I actually just connected to TPG today and they don't appear to be using CGNAT. I can access from my VPN etc no problem

morgs
Level 2

If I look up my external IP address it is the same as the one when I look in my router - so seems OK.