CGNAT

LISAM14
Level 2
vpn isn't the issue, its IP soft phones that its causing us all issues with, otherwise VPN connection isn't too bad. it took 6mnths for our techs to work out why some of us only are experiencing the issue, and this is the outcome, those that were on Aussie once they opted out they no longer had the issue, those of us with TPG and 1 other provider are still having the same issue daily
LISAM14
Level 2
your IP will only change if and when you opt out of CGNAT or get a static IP ? otherwise your IP will stay the same as CGNAT is default
morgs
Level 2
Ok. Maybe I don’t understand it fully. I thought with CGNAT your external ip address isn’t the same one that is allocated to your router. That’s a virtual up address allocated by the ISP. Therefore you wouldn’t be able to use the external IP address to get access via port forwarding, VPN etc.
LISAM14
Level 2
u could be right also, apolagies I may not have explained it well either as I'm just going by what our techs have found the issue to be, and advised there has only been 2 ways to resolve it, which is the opting out of Cgnat like the Aussie guys who have done it this has resolved the issue , OR change the setting on router from default DNS to Google DNS . So far my partner rang TPG twice , they didn't know what he was talking about re changing the DNS setting to google DNS and advised They didn't understand what he was asking when he said we needed to opt out of CGNAT or get a static IP. He told them to call me which they did 3 times however all 3 times they called I couldn't answer, I was cursing trying to restart my computer etc as this is the only way to solve it and get it working sometimes, and at tines ive had to restart 7 times before it worked, 🤦‍♀️everyday.....and every minute im off restarting im losing money and now may have to travel 1.5hrs each way into the office because if it...as I mentioned ,its only us that are with TPG , Belong and Aussie who experience the issue, those with Aussie have opted out of cgnat and not had the issue since Smiley Sad
morgs
Level 2

OK - I am not sure your issue is related to CGNAT. Ip telephones will only work if they are plugged directly into the TPG router as I understand it. However I am no using them so can't confirm if they work with my set up. I can confirm though that my connection is not using CGNAT. Good luck resolving it.