TPG Community

Get online support

Can't send Email Via Outlook

SOLVED Go to solution
taing
Level 2

Since a few weeks ago I cannot send email from my tpg mail box via Outliook anymore. When I try to send email messages it fails and sometimes it displays message like 'Task xxxxx@tpg.com.au - Sending reported error (0x800xCCC78): 'Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 535.5.7.8 (TPG-A02) Authentication denied. User xxxxx@tpgccom.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse'. Can somebody tell me how to fix this problem to allow me sending email via Outlook again?

For information my other family members have alternative tpg email addresses (yyyyy@tpg.com.au, zzzzz@tpg.com.au etc) and they do not have issue with sending emails from their tpg mail boxes via the same Outlook I am using.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @taing

Welcome to the Community!

This issue is experienced when the server marked your address as a SPAM or using a different IP address that is outside Australia.

Have you tried to change your TPG Email password, then try again after a few minutes? If not, please do it first and let us know how it goes.

Also, please try to send email using our TPG Post Office if it's going to work.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @taing

Welcome to the Community!

This issue is experienced when the server marked your address as a SPAM or using a different IP address that is outside Australia.

Have you tried to change your TPG Email password, then try again after a few minutes? If not, please do it first and let us know how it goes.

Also, please try to send email using our TPG Post Office if it's going to work.

BasilDV