TPG Community

Get online support

Cannot Send Email Eudora 5.1

SOLVED Go to solution
musodata
Level 3

greetings

SSL config looks correct.

I sent an email for work Bcc'd to 32 ppl at 11.58m, 6 minutes later queued emails will not send

I have only had problems since the installation of the NBN, in Dec/Jan email refused to send due to an SSL issue, 7 days later randomly started working again

regards

Adrian K

xxxx@xxxx,com.au

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
musodata
Level 3

Ok

so I went thru the Registry (don't try this at hm kiddies..) & deleted (almost) every reference to *Qualcomm  (the mail prog not the hardware) AND *Eudora*

I dug out an old version of

eudora.ini

deudora.ini

- also

audit.log

EudoraStats.xml on the premise these other 2 are the last known date-modified files in the Eudora root directory.

Started up Eudora BINGO everything works

bloody hell.

regards

Adrian K

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Shane

Hi @musodata,

Welcome to the community!

Sending email to multiple recipients usually occurs when the outgoing mail service is not authenticated. Ensure, your email outgoing setting is authenticated to avoid this issue.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

musodata
Level 3

Thank u 4your reply

It would appear no amount of tweaking works

I've tried auth / not auth / no SSL

The symptom occured before as I have noted due to a Cert failure - also there is a new mess that showed up but I can't replicate that said more or less

"I.P. is fake"

regards

Adrian K

Shane

Hi @musodata,

Thanks for the additional information. Can you post a screen shot of the exact error message of the e-mail client?

Also, have you tried to use your email on the post office?

Cheers!

musodata
Level 3

greetings

I can't reproduce the warning screen I received -

I do know that the last time this happened was a feature of SSL compatability, which righted itself after 7 days.

I have 20 years of using this Email software & my ability to access all atttachments and Mailboxes archived.

If there is a way for me to 'set' the IP in Eudora - I'm still not sure I can find a way it appears married to the SSL Cert - I would try this

Is there an IP that represents the TPG server, & is there a certificate I can install that's not somewhere in Britain or the US?

Joseph_D

Hi,

Just a brief summary on the issue, you are using Eudora e-mail client, with your ozemail e-mail add, on a TPG NBN internet connection.

On case like this, normally the incoming is managed by the e-mail provider and the outgoing is managed by the either e-mail provider or ISP. On your case you are using the ISP.

Can you please try and change the outgoing port to either 587 or 465?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

musodata
Level 3

thanks Joseph

Ok a new symptom

I can alter the ports - this page comes up

587 produced same result as before

465 however, is sitting aroung 'spinning' thinking about sending, but not complying.

Also - is there a certificate tpg could send me?

regards

Adrian K

Joseph_D

Hi Adrian,

Thank you. I would ask our postmaster for assistance on this matter. We'll keep you posted.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

Joseph_D

@musodata 

Can you try your TPG Account E-mail address on your Eudora? Use the settings on https://www.tpg.com.au/support/generalsetting.php
Check if you can send & receive e-mails using this address.

Please advise us of the result.

For your other e-mail address, if you have made any changes to your e-mail settings after this issue occured, please revert back to the default settings and then restart the router. Check if that will fix it.

Kind regards,
Joseph D

musodata
Level 3

greetings Joseph

still no Dice either way after restarting the Router & the NBN box

regards

Adrian K