TPG Community

Get online support

Complaint regarding NBN installation

BasilDV

Hi @manishku0007

We are still waiting for the update from our wholesale provider (NBN Co).

We'll advise your case manager to contact you within the day for further discussion.

BasilDV

manishku0007
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV ,

Still, so many days have been passed and yet still the same status. 

May I know how many days it will take to get the Location ID created by NBN CO? 

And I am still not sure whether this time it will work or not? 

Seems like getting NBN connection is like climbing an Everest mountain. 

BasilDV

Hi @manishku0007

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Once the LOCID has been successfully given to your address, we are positive that we will be able to provide you the service.

This is one of the rare issues that we've experienced within process the NBN order. Your case manager is still waiting for an update from NBN Co, which might be available by tomorrow (Monday).

Your case manager will be in touch with you as soon as it becomes available.

BasilDV

kendra69
Level 2

I recommend taking a deep breath because you will get frustrated by it all.

If it's any consolation, my story is I waited for 3 months for the NBN appointment, the technician who turned up on the date was literally "a lazy **"; he made every excuse not to do the job (because i am in a unit) - he just expected to turn up, and plugin the modem, didn't want to drill, didn't want to do ducting inside the unit, etc..

Because this was not an easy job for him, he just passed the buck onto another NBN team to action.

When the 2nd NBN guy turned up, this guy was great value, and completed the job without fuss. First thing he asked also was "so why couldn't the first technician complete the job?" He basically confirmed what a lazy ** the 1st guy was.

When you and me and the taxpayer is paying, this wastage goes on.

manishku0007
Level 3

Hi @BasilDV ,

This is really height now.  No Progress so far since Mid Jan. 

Should I wait indefinitely for this issue to get it resolved? 

I now demand a refund of my money, please.  You guys neither refunding my money nor making any progress on this issue. I don't care whether it's NBN CO who needs to create a location Id or not. Mail them, escalate with them, call them, I just really don't care. I am really frustrated now. It's been more than a month now. And even if new  Location ID gets created somehow, what guarantee you guys are giving that this issue would have resolved after that. 

Please resolve this issue by this week or initiate the refund process or provide me some alternate option of the internet (sim card etc...I don't care) ...because right now I am unable to avail internet at home and it's really creating problems for us. I have been patient so far but now I am losing it. 

Riezl

We sincerely apologise for the trouble this issue is causing you. We have forwarded your message to our Provisioning Team and the Case Manager will be in touch to address the concerns raised. 

Kindly await a call within the day.

strangr
Level 3

I recommend putting in a formal complaint to TPG and NBN Co (which I've done myself). If they don't resolve in a reasonable time, best to escalate to TIO.

I've had no internet for past 3 weeks and also waiting for them to confirm billing adjustment. I'm always following up with TPG everyday for an update but all they say is they're waiting on updates from NBN which is disappointing. TPG should have the initiative to follow up on overdue cases instead of the customer following up.

Shane

Hi @strangr,

I responded to your initial post located here. We will chase this with the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager and request an urgent feedback when its available. You may also contact them directly via return email.

Regards,

I recommend putting in a formal complaint to TPG and NBN Co (which I've done myself). If they don't resolve in a reasonable time, best to escalate to TIO.

I've had no internet for past 3 weeks and also waiting for them to confirm billing adjustment. I'm always following up with TPG everyday for an update but all they say is they're waiting on updates from NBN which is disappointing. TPG should have the initiative to follow up on overdue cases instead of the customer following up.

manishku0007
Level 3

Hi @Shane ,

Updates so far,

My last account (7****41) which TPG canceled, I have raised a refund for that. Today I have got the response that they will be refunding the amount for (activation+cancellation amount) very soon. 

TPG has created another account  (7***26) on 21st April and they have again charged the activation amount plus router fee (which I didn't want, as I have two now). But anyway, the new account has been created and a technician visit from NBn is due on 11th May.  TPG is confident that the location id issue has been resolved but I am not so confident as it happened before as well. 

So, finger crossed for 11th May. I have arranged the availability of the comms room on that day and time. 

Let's hope for the best and pray this time it should get successful. 

Question: Can I return the latest delivered router as I have already got two now. It still not open yet and in the same condition as it came. 

Shane

Hi @manishku0007

I am glad to know the latest progress of the provisioning issue and the installation of the new account. I am looking forward for the service to be active on the given date. To answer your question on returning the 2nd modem/router. I suggest to keep it for now until the installation date of the new account, this will serve as an alternate modem/router in the event that it requires alternate modem during the service activation. 

Regards,