Connecting NBN

bjay51855
Level 2

Hi I am trying to have my new home connected to the NBN as it was not registered when it was built. The area it is in has NBN coverage already but the address was not coming up. I had registered an account with TPG and it seemed that there was some progress in having it registered however, today I received an email saying that my registration will not be processed as the address is not serviced by NBN. Are you able to clarify what this means? Is my house still in the process of being connected to the NBN or not? 

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @bjay51855 

Welcome to the Community!

We've edited your post as it contains your address. Please avoid posting any information on a public thread as it may compromise your security.

We've checked the address and it shows that the NBN is not yet available for you. You may check it directly within NBN Co here.

It shows:

" There is more work to do before your premises is ready to connect to the nbn™ access network.

We estimate this work will be completed before the end of Jun 2021. We apologise for the delay. We are also seeking to minimise any possible COVID-19 related disruptions to our equipment supply chain or service operations. Please check this page periodically for further updates. "

The planned NBN technology is NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb).

Stay safe.

BasilDV

bjay51855
Level 2

So basically we have to wait months and months for the NBN Co to connect some thing to our house, even thought the NBN is already available to all other houses in the area and has been likely for some time and we have 0 other options for internet at our house for those months. I dont suppose there is anything that TPG can do to get a better idea of what needs to happen or if it can be sped up in any way given that it likely all they need to do is install something to our house only, its not like theyre beuilding the entire network in our area

BasilDV

Hi @bjay51855 

Unfortunately, that's the information given by NBN Co itself. If you'll visit the site, you may get more information about it too.

We'll to raise this with NBN Co., but we can't guarantee that it will be installed sooner that the given date. Do you have an account with us? Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

BasilDV

bjay51855
Level 2

Yeah OK no worries, Ill jsut wait for ages then. I will try to ask NBN but usually in the past all they say is to ask your ISP and dont bother answering any questions to customers. As for having an account with TPG I had tried to have our new address connected with you as I have had issues with our current ISP but was unable to actually activate the account and then I received that email a few days ago saying that my application was discontinued as NBN wasnt available........

david64
Level 15

Hi @bjay51855 . You might be able to get a 4G connection with an ISP (not part of NBN) on a temporary or permanent basis.

Do you have a spare mobile phone with a good data limit that you could dedicate just for internet access (bluetooth tethering)? Or even just increase the data limit on your regular mobiles for a few months.