Constant dropouts

Nathanlogue
Level 2
Hey guys

Constantly having my NBN drop out every 30 minutes or so in the last month, up until then it has been great, the TPG app tells me I’m recieving 86mb download speed, but testing off my modem I am only getting 9mbps to any device connecting to.

Really getting frustrating I can’t watch movies without it dropping out all the time, any advice that you have to help would be appreciated. Not sure if it’s modem related or not but am using supplied from from TPG
2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi Nathanlogue. When you have a dropout, what happens to the lights on the NBN box and the wifi router that is different from normal operation?

What model router is it?

When you do a test that shows only 9Mbps, is that on wifi device or ethernet computer? What time are you doing it?

BasilDV

Hi @Nathanlogue 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault.

If you are experiencing low connection speed, we've created an article that will guide you on how to troubleshoot it. Check this link.

If you are using a WiFi connection, then signal interference may be causing the issue. We've created some articles that will help you improve your home WiFi network. Refer to these articles.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV