Dsl line issue

nashtayelola92
Level 2
Hi, I recently had a storm and since then my internet is not working. I thought I burnt out the modem from the lightning so I purchased a new modem but still no change. Can a line test be done as I don't have a home phone to check.
15 REPLIES 15
Riezl

Hi @nashtayelola92,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We'd like to look into this and help with the resolution. We have located an account using your community details, but we'd like to make sure that we got the right one.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Riezl

Thanks for sending the account details via PM, @nashtayelola92. We have checked the status of your connection and it shows that the modem is not getting any line signal.

We'll be needing your help for further testing. Is the modem currently connected and on? May we know if you're at home now?

nashtayelola92
Level 2
Yes the modem is connected and on.
I'm currently not home but I will be home at 5pm. The dsl light on the modem will flash ever now and then but that's as far as I get.
nashtayelola92
Level 2
I am currently home.
Riezl

Thanks for letting us, @nashtayelola92. Can you disconnect the modem completely out of the telephone socket and let us know once done so we can run the test?

nashtayelola92
Level 2
Dsl line has been removed and power is still on.
Riezl

Thanks, @nashtayelola92. We'll run the test now. We'll let you know when to reconnect it.

nashtayelola92
Level 2
Thanks RIezl.
Riezl

You can reconnect the cable now and please make sure that it is properly connected, @nashtayelola92.

Let me know once done so we can proceed with another test.