Eero 6+

Crets
Level 2

I just brought the new Eero6+ to improve my wifi. Do I need a new NBN box to connect to the internet? I do not want to run my old TPG modem Router in Bridged Mode etc... The new Eero has PPPoE connection too.

When I plu Eero into the NBN box I cannot get to the internet/complete setup. My NBN only has one connection for CAT6 etc... and the Cable link.

Many Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Crets
Level 2

I have kept my TPG router and disabled the modem, plugged the Eero into that = works beautifully, but ideally would like to plug directly into NBN connection?

david64
Level 15

Hi @Crets . This article has info on connecting your Eero to NBN box.

https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/360060086931-Configuring-Internet-service-provider-ISP-se...

You apparently have the firmware version that supports PPPoE.

In your current config with TPG router bridged, is it using VLAN ID=2?

The article has steps to set that if needed.

BasilDV

Hi @Crets

Do you know what NBN technology are you using? (NBN FTTP / FTTC / HFC / Fixed Wireless)

Did you set your Eero 6+ as an access point to work with your TPG provided modem/router?

We'd also like to check your account and check if you are under the bundled plan or data only plan.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Max567
Level 2

Same/Similar boat here: FTTP -> NTU -> EERO Pro 6 (Supporting PPPoE)  would like to know the outcome of this.

Shane

Hey, @Max567.

For NBN FTTP, we only need the PPPoE settings. Make sure that the router's WAN port is connected directly to the NBN UNI-D port, then reconfigure the PPPoE settings with your TPG credentials (Username and Password). No need to set a VLAN ID.

Let us know how it goes.

Same/Similar boat here: FTTP -> NTU -> EERO Pro 6 (Supporting PPPoE)  would like to know the outcome of this.

Max567
Level 2

Thanks - I got it working with the settings you suggested. 

If it helps others:

I reset the Eero by deleting the network config

Plugged the Eero into my existing NBN router with WAN set to DHCP & got it talking to the Internet.

Then changed the WAN to PPPoE (as per Shane's settings) - ignored the error message suggesting it couldn't update the settings.  

Waited about 15mins (this for some reason is necessary)

Turned everything off.  

Plugged the Eero directly into the FTTP NTU - a link was established & internet is back up.

Shane

Yay! Glad to know that it did the trick @Max567. Enjoy your new router! 

Thanks - I got it working with the settings you suggested. 

If it helps others:

I reset the Eero by deleting the network config

Plugged the Eero into my existing NBN router with WAN set to DHCP & got it talking to the Internet.

Then changed the WAN to PPPoE (as per Shane's settings) - ignored the error message suggesting it couldn't update the settings.  

Waited about 15mins (this for some reason is necessary)

Turned everything off.  

Plugged the Eero directly into the FTTP NTU - a link was established & internet is back up.

Dublinse
Level 2
Hi Shane and others,

Hoping you can help me.
How do I reconfigure my PPPoE settings with my TPG credentials (Username and Password)?
Struggling to set up my eero with my TPG nbn box. I’ve attached two photos of my setup and the issue of connecting to the internet.
BasilDV

Hi @Dublinse

Did you follow the steps on the link provided by @david64?

Click here.

Make sure that your device has the latest firmware that supports PPPoE setting.

BasilDV