FTTC Fibre Upgrade.

SOLVED Go to solution
Skeleton
Level 3

I am in an area that allows me to upgrade my FTTC connection freely to a fibre connection.

TPG promised a while back that they would be offering this product and the plans to go with the upgrade.

I cant find any further information from TPG. Do i now need to jump ship to the likes of Aussie Broadband or others who are actually offering the upgrade and plans or are TPG actually going to deliver?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @Skeleton,

To answer your question, yes. TPG will provide a free upgrade to the network. Hence, we need to check it on our end to confirm if the address is included in the list of towns and suburbs that are eligible for the upgrade. In the event that it's available, we will create a request on your behalf, and to proceed, we need your account details.

Regards,

You do not need my details. NBN the provider and other ISP's have confirmed I live in an area entitled to a free fibre upgrade and are willing to provide it,

My question remains do TPG intend to provide the same or continue to dodge the question. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @Skeleton

Let us help check the availability of the Free upgrade on the area, could you shoot us a PM with your details to better understand the situation.

Regards,

I am in an area that allows me to upgrade my FTTC connection freely to a fibre connection.

TPG promised a while back that they would be offering this product and the plans to go with the upgrade.

I cant find any further information from TPG. Do i now need to jump ship to the likes of Aussie Broadband or others who are actually offering the upgrade and plans or are TPG actually going to deliver?

Skeleton
Level 3

You do not need my details. NBN the provider and other ISP's have confirmed I live in an area entitled to a free fibre upgrade and are willing to provide it,

My question remains do TPG intend to provide the same or continue to dodge the question. 

Shane

Hi @Skeleton,

To answer your question, yes. TPG will provide a free upgrade to the network. Hence, we need to check it on our end to confirm if the address is included in the list of towns and suburbs that are eligible for the upgrade. In the event that it's available, we will create a request on your behalf, and to proceed, we need your account details.

Regards,

Skeleton
Level 3

Many thanks Shane for taking the time to reply. You at least read the question. Good lad.

robertjw
Level 4

When is this going to proceed. I registered back in June this year and there has been no news since then.

I have asked several times since then and there is no advice of any progress.

Does TPG intend to provide this upgrade path which is offered by other ISPs?

Ahra_G

Hi @robertjw

We can confirm that we are participating in the NBN Fibre Upgrade project. 

Also, we have pre-registered your address so that as soon as it becomes available in your area, you will receive a notification to switch. 

Thanks! 

Ahra_G