TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD No broadband light connection

SOLVED Go to solution
melbourneviv
Level 2

I have been reading these posts with interest.  I had heard so many negative stories about how the NBN drops in and out  and difficulties setting it up  that we had decided we would prefer not to have it.  We are very happy TPG customers of more than 10 yrs. Very happy with ADSL as well. However, TPG contacted and said we have no choice , we have to change to NBN. After constant phone calls and emails from TPG, we said 'okay go ahead'. The box arrived yesterday and my hubby was told to connect her up with the guidance of the TPG support on the phone. Nothing works. Great! Then told to turn off the internet overnight so TPG could see what the problem is. After reading the comments on this thread I realise that more than likely the problem is with the NBN connections in the street. They have rushed this through and made error after error. So here we sit connected back onto our ADSL and the NBN connection sitting in it's box. 

Riezl

Hi @melbourneviv, thanks for taking the time to post.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, but please be assured that our Provisioning Team is closely monitoring the case and will be in touch as soon as new update becomes available.

We will also make a follow up and forward your message to the case manager.

silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Apparently my issue is very common from what I hear. The NBN technician said that the DPU’s are coded to each house but many have been incorrectly installed. I have seen NBN technicians throughout the neighbourhood working in pits for several months now so it’s clear that they have to fix many similar issues to mine. TPG have been very helpful but unfortunately there is not a lot they can do as this is NBN infrastructure. I must say that having a fast internet has made a hugh difference as I have many wifi connected devices throughout the house. Previously I could only use one at a time with ADSL. I suggest the NBN is worth it in the long run so stick it out while they fix your connection. Good luck !
Riezl

Hi @melbourneviv, we can see that our Provisioning Team has been in touch and discussed the technician visit schedule.

We will continue to monitor the case and keep you posted for updates where possible.

Riezl

Hi @melbourneviv, we can see that you have been in touch with our Provisioning Team and was advised about the NBN Technician visit schedule.

Should you have further queries, please let us know. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @melbourneviv, we can see that the issue has been resolved and the connection is now working.

Should there be any issues, feel free to let us know. Thank you.

rameshpeee
Level 2

how did you plug in old adsl back? i am in same situation and I need internet. please help and advise

BasilDV

Hi @rameshpeee

Welcome to the Community!

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

How do I private message (PM) in the community?

BasilDV