TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD No broadband light connection

SOLVED Go to solution
silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Issue with new FTTC connection. Received new NCD and modem from TPG and plugged in as per instructions. Get solid blue light for power and connection lights but no DSL or LAN lights. Initially flicks on and several clicking noises but then nothing. Used same line as previous ADSL connection so I know the line is working ok. Have also tried in other phone outlets and same result. Been 3 days now and still no active service. Have now plugged old ADSL modem back in as I need internet service. It clearly suggests that there is no active NBN service yet to my home. Need some assistance please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Apparently my issue is very common from what I hear. The NBN technician said that the DPU’s are coded to each house but many have been incorrectly installed. I have seen NBN technicians throughout the neighbourhood working in pits for several months now so it’s clear that they have to fix many similar issues to mine. TPG have been very helpful but unfortunately there is not a lot they can do as this is NBN infrastructure. I must say that having a fast internet has made a hugh difference as I have many wifi connected devices throughout the house. Previously I could only use one at a time with ADSL. I suggest the NBN is worth it in the long run so stick it out while they fix your connection. Good luck !

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Shane

Hi @silkwoodmgt,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what happened on this. To better understand the situation.

Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account).

Regards,

silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Thanks Shane, have sent PM with details.
Shane

Hi @silkwoodmgt,

Thanks for sending me your details. I've seen on your account that the installation is still in progress and now handled by our Provisioning Team.

I'll make follow up on this and request for an update tomorrow.

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @silkwoodmgt,

I understand that your case manager has been in touch and was informed that the test result was failing. They've requested for an NBN technician to investigate this further.

Updates will be given by them once available.

Let us know should you require further assistance. Cheers!

silkwoodmgt
Level 3
So had a TPG technician come out today and check the phone lines and confirm my original comments that the issue lies with the NBN connection at the front of the house. Now need a NBN technician to come out and check the DPU and wiring. Earliest appointment available is 1 week. That will make it nearly 3 weeks since NBN was made available in the area. Interesting process so far to say the least. Wonder how much it is costing for the all the extra re-work to fix un-skilled contractors dodgy work ? For a simple FTTC cut over, it is most likely going to take 4 weeks to complete !
Shane

Hi @silkwoodmgt,

Regrettably, I wish I was the bearer of better news. I will pass this on to our Provisioning Team for reference. This has been raised to NBN Co. for further investigation. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Regards,

silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Thanks for the reply, I must say TPG have been great with updates and calls. The issue lies with NBN and it looks like a common fault with rushed installations to meet political set deadlines. It seems that NBN have just laid cable and not done any testing prior to activation. Word of warning for others is to prepare for several weeks of re-work by NBN when time come to activate service. Hopefully the NBN technician can resolve next week but I do have my doubts.
Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @silkwoodmgt.

Please be assured that we continue chasing this matter with NBN Co. and will keep you posted for updates where possible.

silkwoodmgt
Level 3
Ok, update today. NBN technician came out and checked pits in the street and found that NBN have incorrectly connected all the houses near us to the wrong pits/DPU’s. I got excited at first because I had a connection via the NBN connection device (all 4 lights). But after checking it looks like I am connecting to another house down the street. I assume they have my connection. Problem is the modem wifi will not work (only a direct connection to single PC works). I have been told that NBN now need to reconfigure the backend network to the correct houses throughout the street. Apparently this can be done without the need to recable anything. There is no timeframe on how long this will take. Hopefully we are closer to a working internet connection.