FTTP UPGRADE

Waiting
Level 3
Hi, I am a current tpg nbn subscriber for FTTN.
NBN and numerous isps have confirmed that fttp is available at my address. TPG IS NOT CURRENTLY PARTICIPATING IN THE UPGRADE OF SERVICES. Please answer this question - When will tpg become a participating provider for nbn upgrades of FTTN to FTTP?
Please don’t repeat the script that tpg can assist with registration of interest. We have already done that. Please answer the question or advise that tpg has no current date for participation.
23 REPLIES 23
BasilDV

Hi @Waiting

We do participate with the NBN Fibre upgrade program of NBN Co.

Once the address or location has been registered, then our team will be in touch with you to discuss the process as soon as we received an update from NBN Co that the FTTP can now be installed.

We don't have the exact date as we wait for the update from our wholesale provider.

BasilDV

Waiting
Level 3
NBN has confirmed that FTTP can be connected at my address as have other ISPs. NBN also confirms that only participating ISPs can progress the process. Here’s the list.https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/upgrades/fttp-upgrade-with-higher-speed-tiers/find-a-participat...

TPG is not a participating provider. Please advise when tpg will become a participating provider or detail the alternative process tpg thinks it is using.

BasilDV

Hi @Waiting

Even though we are not on the list, we do participate in the NBN Fibre upgrade program.

We can register your address, just send us the following details via PM.

Full name:
Customer ID:
Username:
Installation address:
Email address:
Mobile number:

BasilDV

Waiting
Level 3
Thanks. I did that several weeks ago. Nothing has happened.
robertjw
Level 4

I regsitered in June, when I got approached by several other ISPs, offering a free upgrade.

Looks like a free NBN FTTP upgrade is not available after all?

Could just pay $3100? Yeah nah.

faigey
Level 3

I also have been waiting for TPG to reply and advise me when I can participate and upgrade from FTTC to FTTP.

My last phone contact with TPG call centre indicates it will not be participating.

I have advised TPG that I will probably change provider to Aussie Broadband . There are also many other listed participating providers with NBN. 

Can anyone with or at TPG explain or clarify this issue.

Shane

Hi @faigey ,

Let us help check the availability of the FTTP upgrade in your area, to proceed could you shoot us a PM with your TPG credentials.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

I also have been waiting for TPG to reply and advise me when I can participate and upgrade from FTTC to FTTP.

My last phone contact with TPG call centre indicates it will not be participating.

I have advised TPG that I will probably change provider to Aussie Broadband . There are also many other listed participating providers with NBN. 

Can anyone with or at TPG explain or clarify this issue.

faigey
Level 3

Hi Waiting

I have also been waiting for a response from TPG.

I am interested to know if you have had any success in TPG advising when you will get your FTTP upgrade.

Thanks

Shane

Hi @faigey 

We do not have information about the ETA on when the FTTP upgrade will commence, but you should receive an email or SMS from us as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

Hi Waiting

I have also been waiting for a response from TPG.

I am interested to know if you have had any success in TPG advising when you will get your FTTP upgrade.

Thanks