FTTP UPGRADE

wordupgz
Level 3

I keep getting NBN FTTN upgrade flyers, and I believe I have already "registered" with TPG. But have heard nothing for months now.

Is TPG participating or not?

Pretty simple question.

Stop stringing customers along.

Any useful information would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
Shane

TPG do not have control on when the FTTP upgrade will commence in the area we are still awaiting from the NBNCo. We can confirm that the service has been registered. 

At this stage, we're unable to provide a specific date, but we'll let you know as soon as it's available. Our NBN team will be in contact with the next steps and discuss the timeframes and requirements in moving to FTTP.

Regards,

I keep getting NBN FTTN upgrade flyers, and I believe I have already "registered" with TPG. But have heard nothing for months now.

Is TPG participating or not?

Pretty simple question.

Stop stringing customers along.

Any useful information would be appreciated.

wordupgz
Level 3

Someone's telling porky pies.

One or the other party of the 2 parties.

robertjw
Level 4

I just got yet another reminder letter in the mail from the NBN that I can get an upgrade to FTTP.

I have been "registered" for the upgrade with TPG since June last year.

Is the NBN telling me something I can't get?

Snapper
Level 2

i have FTTP in my street why is TPG not allowing me to connect to this. I dont want 5G, I want an NBN stable fibre connection.

Angeli

Hi @Snapper,

We will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready. The program will only be available in selected areas. Send us a private message and we'll check if it's included as part of the program.

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli

Snapper
Level 2

I just thought I would add that my neighbours have it installed already, one with AGL the other with Aussie Broadband.  

Shane

Hi @Snapper 

We need to coordinate this with our NBN Provisioning team to check the Free FTTP upgrade, we are still awaiting your details to proceed. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

I just thought I would add that my neighbours have it installed already, one with AGL the other with Aussie Broadband.  

faigey
Level 3

I have registered interest with TPG in upgrading from FTTC to FTTP.

When I contacted TPG call centre & sales to follow up - I was advised that TPG have not joined and are NOT participating in the free upgrade.

Aussie Broadband have indicated I can join them as the internet provider and take up the the FTTP upgrade in approx 2 to 6 weeks.

Unless I get an update with upgrade confirmation from TPG by the end of next week I most likely will change over.

Shane

I responded to your initial post located here. We will look into this and see if we can do something about the upgrade, please check your inbox. We will provide an update via PM to avoid redundancy and confusion.

Regards,

I have registered interest with TPG in upgrading from FTTC to FTTP.

When I contacted TPG call centre & sales to follow up - I was advised that TPG have not joined and are NOT participating in the free upgrade.

Aussie Broadband have indicated I can join them as the internet provider and take up the the FTTP upgrade in approx 2 to 6 weeks.

Unless I get an update with upgrade confirmation from TPG by the end of next week I most likely will change over.