First home NBN set up

emmageraghty
Level 2

I live in a brand new home with an NBN box. I followed the steps with how to set it up and receieved my active status. There is a WIFI signal and I can connect to it however the internet does not work. 

6 REPLIES 6
KarlB

Hi @emmageraghty 

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl

KarlB

Hi @emmageraghty 

Thanks for your PM. Your NBN FTTP NTD is showing online, and I can see your router connected to the UNI-D1 port. I'm not seeing authentication (Your TPG username and Password) coming through. You may need to manually enter the details into your router.

Here the guide that will help you step through the setup.

https://www.tpg.com.au/helpdesk/pppoe/Modem_configuration_TPLINK_Win7.pdf

I have also requested for 1 of our Helpdesk staff to give you a call back later on tonight as it may be easier to step you through over the phone.

Regards,

Karl

emmageraghty
Level 2

Thanks for your help so far. I have tried to manually get connected to the router and it is not working.

emmageraghty
Level 2

I also don't have Windows 7 so this was not help for me. I'm not sure why I need to authenticate. Why is that not specified in the connection process? 

emmageraghty
Level 2

3 hours later and I am still waiting for the phone call. This is terrible customer service. How can something so simple be so difficult. We followed the instructions, tried to use the trouble shooting advice and nothing.

david64
Level 15

Are you able to connect to the web server in the wifi router to check its configuration? In browser, go to 192.168.1.1 and login with admin userid. Use wifi device or cabled computer.

The authentication involves setting up in the wifi router the internet connection of PPPoE and your TPG userid and password. You might also need to set VLANID to 2.