HFC activation

lestermao
Level 2
Very frustrating experience so far with NBN activation. Applied for NBN 6 days ago, the router arrived very fast on the second businesses day with no problems. However, the actual activation process is a nightmare. No contact from TPG for two days, on the third day I have decided to ring them up. They asked my NBN connection box MAC address and Serial Number, and double confirmed with me that the lights ( upload down load and online status) are off,they said will follow up with NBN and activation will be in 24 hours. On the fourth day I rang up again, the “case manager” said “oh we got a respond from NBN to ask whether the connection box power is on or not” which both the box and router power has been on all the time . She said she will forward to NBN and again said the activation will be within 24 hours. On the fifth day, no respond yet called TPG again, and she said a case manager will ring me back in 2 hours which he did . But the respond this time was followed up with NBN and activation should be in 24-40 hours. I am really frustrated with this, I understand TPG is just a reseller but how difficult to get a direction answer from TPG and NBN, so far the whole process is very poor! Still no internet, no idea what’s going wrong, very disappointed.
3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @lestermao

Welcome to the Community! 

Whilst we successfully install thousands of NBN services each week we would like to sincerely apologise that this was not your experience. 

I've located your account using your Community details and can see that this case is being handled by our Provisioning team. 

We value your business with us and we always grab the earliest installation date that we could to get your service working. However, we cannot guarantee this as we work with our suppliers to provide this particular service, which means we are reliant on their scheduling. 

Based on the report from NBN, they were unable to detect the MAC address of your NBN box from their system and they are now requesting to arrange for an NBN tech appointment. 

I've now arranged a call from one of our case managers to discuss this today. 

Should you have a preferred time and number for this call, please let us know via Private Message and we'll rearrange this for you. 

For your reference, please see this article on How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

lestermao
Level 2
A TPG officer called again and set up the appointment which will be three weeks later. It is so annoying that have to wait so many days then book an technian appointment, should have done that much earlier. In the mean time , no internet at home for xmas and New Years. Really regreat to stay with TPG , should have gone for suppliers like Vodafone which provides instant internet and backup via their mobile network and its the same price . Very disappointed with TPG, deducted the first month pay straight a way and no service what so ever .
Erika

When run a NBN service qualification check on your address, NBN system shows that we can remotely activated the service. Regrettably, after we've reported this with NBN, they've confirmed that we would need to have their technician to check the devices installed as the details does not match on their records. 

We definitely understand that the current installation date is less than ideal, lestermao.

The reason for delay with your NBN HFC install is an issue with NBN Co who wholesales the service to all providers like TPG.

Specifically NBN co has a manpower and resourcing issue.

We are disappointed with this situation and our management team has escalated the reschedule issue highest levels of management within NBN Co.

You may know NBN stopped selling the NBN HFC technology in late 2017 so they could improve their network and delivery, we are disappointed they have re-launched NBN HFC and are now experiencing these installation delays.

We have successfully rescheduled over 95% of the delayed installs earlier into the month of December. 

Unfortunately this issue will be affecting all providers including TPG so another provider won’t be able to secure an earlier installation time.

Regards,