Home phone porting

Job
Level 2
Level 2

I signed up for NBN bundle, connected to NBN internet yesterday. Will take TPG 5 business days to port our Telstra phone. I have not deactivated Telstra, tried outgoing calls today, there was no dial tone, just static noices. Does this mean we are without a voice phone/landline for the 5 days or while waiting for porting?

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Job

Welcome to the Community!

While porting the number, the outgoing calls should start working. Is the handset connected to the designated phone port at the back of the TPG modem/router or the NBN NTD box?

We tried to search for your account using your community details to no avail.

We've created an article that will guide you with the setup. Refer to New Connection Setup Help.

If the service is still not working, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

Job
Level 2
Level 2

Hi BasilDV,

The landline has now been working. 
it will be 5 business working days on 22/04. Will I receive a text or email from TPG to deactivate Telstra or do I just go ahead with deactivation on the 23rd? 
thank you!

Riezl

Hi @Job, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and check if the porting has been completed.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community