TPG Community

Get online support

How long to set up a new connection?

SOLVED Go to solution
monch1962
Level 2

We've been with Telstra ADSL2+ for years, and recently we were told to migrate to NBN within the next few months.

I first contacted TPG on 13/1/21. Everything seemed to go well and modem+router turned up on 14/1. Late on 14/1 we got the first "Plug in your modem" message. I thought that was great service so I plugged in the modem+router, left it for several hours with no connection, then called support & the support guy said the connection wasn't ready yet but would be the next day. Plugged in ADSL and got it working again.

Next day, same thing - plugged in NBN modem+router, left it for about an hour, then called and found the connection wasn't ready yet.

A few days later, I got a second "Plug in your modem" message - plugged NBN modem+router in that night, left it overnight and didn't get a connection. Unplugged NBN, plugged in ADSL again and got back to work.

On 22/1 I got a "TPG is unable to activate your NBN service as your modem is not connected". Aha, a different message, so looks like progress! Plugged NBN modem+router overnight, again no connection the next morning. Familiar routine - unplugged NBN modem, plugged in ADSL again and ADSL works fine.

Today (24/1) I've plugged in NBN modem+router approx 1 hour ago, listened to it switching away, and still no connection.

Each time - the behaviour has been the same. On the NBN modem, power is solid blue, link+DSL is flashing blue, LAN light is off. There's no ADSL filter in the line, and the cable sent by TPG to connect NBN modem to phone jack works fine on the ADSL modem.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
monch1962
Level 2
monch1962
Level 2

So, closing this out, the NBN technician came out today and found that my physical FTTC connection hadn't been done at the premises. Once fixed, I'm up and running with 100Mb/s

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ahra_G

Hi @monch1962 

We were able to locate your account using your community details and learned that your address is tagged as Service class 33. There is a possibility that an NBN technician will be requested to install your service along with the NBN NCD box.

You may check this Community article for reference:

A call back has been organised today from one of our Case managers to discuss the status of the service installation. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

monch1962
Level 2

Thanks Ahra_G

monch1962
Level 2

So, closing this out, the NBN technician came out today and found that my physical FTTC connection hadn't been done at the premises. Once fixed, I'm up and running with 100Mb/s