TPG Community

Get online support

Incorrect Number Ported

BasilDV

Hi @TerryW,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch yesterday and was told that a TPG technician will be requested to check the service since NBN reported that the fault is already resolved.

Your assigned Engineer will be in touch once an update is available.

We apologise for the inconvenience and don't hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

TerryW
Level 2

I did receive the phone call from the engineering team, another call from the engineering team and a call from complaints.

I also got a text that a TPG Technician will be attending the premises.  This has occured today.

I got a call from my mum, very upset, she still has no phone line.

I asked her what did the TPG Technician tell her ?.  She said that he checked and then told her that it is not a TPG issue, it's an NBN Co. issue.

Mum told him that NBN had been there and they told her that there is no issue.  The TPG Technician told her that it was not TPG's issue.

Mum told the technician that she has now not had a phone for over 2 weeks, he said he could not help, it's not a TPG issue.

Mum asked what could be done, the technician told her it's not a TPG issue.

I don't know who is telling the truth, but either TPG, Telstra or NBN Co. ,or all, are not providing the correct information.  What I do know is that my mum is a new TPG customer, not NBN Co., not Telstra, so for a technician just to say it's "NOT A TPG ISSUE" 3 times is unacceptable.

Seriously have had enough but what can we do, if we had a phone we could just cancel it all together but my mum needs a phone and we need to see this through.

Just a re-cap, nearly 3 months ago I assisted my mum to sign up to NBN with TPG.  I gave a digit wrong on my mum's number.  I corrected this within 15 minutes of the mistake.  It has taken this long to resolve (well not resolve) 1 digit on a phone number.

Erika

Hi @TerryW

Sorry to hear that you're still without a connection - this is taking far too long and it sounds like there has been a lot of back and forth with NBN regarding this.

In this particular case multiple technicians with different expertise were required to attend the site due to the complexity of the fault and to assess the work involved.

I've flagged this case now to our Engineering team and has requested for a call back within the day. 

Regards, 

TerryW
Level 2

Another update ...

Today a NBN Technician came to my mum's premises and told her that the previous NBN Technician made an error and there was a wiring issue and he would be able to fix.

He stayed with my mum for over 2 hours and she now has a landling back and the internet is working, all of this is great news.

However  ... There is still a major issue that I will write it here as I had trouble trying to get the customer service officer to understand.

1.  The original phone number we had with Telstra before we connected to TPG ended in 3063.

2.  The incorrect number ported was 1063.  This number worked but it belonged to another Telstra customer and they wanted their number back as we did ours.

3.  My mum was disconnected from 1063 but Telstra would not give TPG access to 3063 so we could not connect to this number.

4.  Discussed with TPG and we said we will accept any number, we just need a phone.  A completely new number was provided to us, this ended in 2430.

5.  NBN Technician came today, fixed the error but said number ending 2430 was not valid.  He called 1063 and the original customer that owned this number answered.  He then has disconnected this customer (they have now lost their number twice) and this is back with my mum, she now has the number ending in 1063 again.

6.  As you can see this will still be an issue, we are happy to accept 1063 and just forget the other number but another customer has again been disconnected and they will want this number back, as they should.

7.  We cannot go through this again, 16 days without a phone,  so I need to ask TPG what are they going to do before this becomes an issue for us when the number needs to be returned to the correct customer ?.

Regards.

Rica_R

Thanks for keeping us posted @TerryW, we're glad the service is finally up and running. 

We understand that the home phone number concern has been a long issue of distress on your end and definitely not what we want for our valued customers. We've seen that together with the activation of your connection the number ending in 2430 has been allocated primarily to your account. However since it still not correctly activated on your end, we will be chasing this matter and update you with the progress. We apologise for the inconvenience and the Case Manager will be in touch with you as soon as possible. 

TerryW
Level 2

We did have the internet and phone working for 2 weeks but again more problems.

Since approx. 9pm Thursday night the service has again stopped working.  Almost 48 hrs ago.

Have tried all trouble shooting but nothing is working, and again no phone in or out.

Have tried ringing customer service since lunchtime friday and cannot get through, you are on hold for 20 - 30 mins and then the call disconnects, more great service.

Can someone from customer service / faults / engineering or whoever call the number listed on the account to sort this out once again.

Terry

BasilDV

Hi @TerryW,

We apologise for the inconvenience. I've run some test and was able to detect a possible fault on the NBN network.

I've escalated the case with our Engineering team for further investigation and they'll be in touch once an update is available.

Let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

TerryW
Level 2

Just like to add some more.

We did have a TPG engineer call promptly and he was really patient with my mum, who is in her 80's, and she was really happy with the service he provided.

Unfortunately he could not assist over the phone and a TPG tech. was required to attend.  

The TPG technican came today, within 48 hours of the request, and again he was really nice to my mum and very helpful.  He explained as much as she could understand and again she was very happy with the service.

Problem is, we need another NBN Technican to come out now, the TPG guy got the request in straight away but we now need to wait on NBN again.

This is the problem, and I know heaps of people are experiencing this.   People are forced onto the NBN and it's okay for younger people as they always have a mobile but a pensioner cannot afford the expense of a mobile and the NBN as well.  My mum now has been without a phone for 5 days again and no end in sight, this is very stressful for her and I suggest many people in her situation.

Anyway thanks to TPG, I have been upset with your company while this saga has been going on, but your service compared to the NBN contractors has been quite good, very hard to get through on the phone lately which is disappointing, but I understand better now that many of the problems are out of your control.

Shane

Hi @TerryW

We appreciate your understanding in this matter, we are relieved to know that the issue is getting closer to get this issue resolved. Based on the latest log, this has been raised to NBN Co.

Our Engineering Team is working around the clock to get this rectified. Further updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call. We'll pass this on to them for additional reference on the escalated case.

Regards,