TPG Community

Get online support

Is it possible to get temporary ADSL connection while waiting more than 1 month for NBN connection?

SOLVED Go to solution
brunton2021
Level 2

(Moderator please respond today if possible)

I signed up about 3 weeks ago - and have now been notified that it is going to be another 2 weeks before I am connected.

I urgently need an internet connection for work.

Does TPG offer any solutions to bridge the gap until the NBN is connected? Or do I need to go elsehwere?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @brunton2021 . Do you use a tablet or laptop for your work? Consider using your device with your mobile phone data. If it's only 2 weeks or so. Mobile plans usually have good data limits. Or you might need to upgrade it temporarily. If you use a desktop without wifi, maybe a USB wifi adaptor.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @brunton2021

Thanks for raising this to our attention and we apologise for the inconvenience.

We've checked the account and reviewed what happened with your order.

Based on the report from NBN Co., the initial NBN technician was not able to complete the job since they don't have any access with the MDF of the building.

This caused the delay in installing your NBN service.

Due to the technician capacity in the area, the schedule that was given is the earliest that we can get from NBN Co.

Unfortunately, we do not offer ADSL service anymore. If you'll cancel the order and transfer to another provider, it may cause for further installation delay as the schedule that has been booked will be cancelled and may be given to another NBN customer.

We understand that importance of the service and will raise this with our NBN service delivery team and a case manager will be in touch with you for further discussion.

BasilDV

david64
Level 15

Hi @brunton2021 . Do you use a tablet or laptop for your work? Consider using your device with your mobile phone data. If it's only 2 weeks or so. Mobile plans usually have good data limits. Or you might need to upgrade it temporarily. If you use a desktop without wifi, maybe a USB wifi adaptor.

brunton2021
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion