Modem for NBN -> D-Link Australia AC2100 WiFi Gigabit Router

SOLVED Go to solution
csaborio
Level 2

Hi,

I was reading the modems that can be used for NBN in this link:

https://www.tpg.com.au/content/high-speed-nbn-modem-requirements

I don't wanna spend $400 on a system, and I found this one:

https://www.amazon.com.au/D-Link-Australia-AC2100-Gigabit-Router/dp/B08NKCNGQ9/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=D...

Just wondering anyone had used this with NBN or knows if this will work fine with the installation? Getting NBN has been incredibly difficult, so I want to make sure the tech has all they need when they come and carry out the installation. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @csaborio

The NBN FTTC has an NBN connection device (NCD). You need to connect the router to the NBN NCD, while the NBN NCD is connected to the wall socket.

Refer to this article for the setup.

Yes, you just need to configure it with PPPoE Connection type and it should work with your NBN.

BasilDV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @csaborio

Do you know what type of NBN you have on your premises? Did you apply for an NBN BYO modem plan?

If not, since this is a router only device, it will only work for NBN FTTP / FTTC / HFC and Fixed wireless technology.

If your location is under the NBN FTTN / FTTB technology, then you may need to look for a VDSL modem/router.

In case your location is under the NBN FTTP / FTTC / HFC / Fixed Wireless, then you just need to configure the device with PPPoE connection type using your TPG username and password.

BasilDV

csaborio
Level 2

Thanks @BasilDV ,
I am in a residential area and the type of NBN is NBN Fibre To The Curb (FTTC). I have to bring my own modem, a modem from TPG was not an option.

So based on your feedback, since this is FTTC, I can just plug in this router, plug in the telephone line and configure PPPoE and it should work just fine?

Thanks again!

BasilDV

Hi @csaborio

The NBN FTTC has an NBN connection device (NCD). You need to connect the router to the NBN NCD, while the NBN NCD is connected to the wall socket.

Refer to this article for the setup.

Yes, you just need to configure it with PPPoE Connection type and it should work with your NBN.

BasilDV

csaborio
Level 2

@BasilDV:

Thanks!

BTW, that link shows as "Access Denied".

BasilDV

You're welcome, @csaborio.

Check this article instead: NBN Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) Setup Guide

BasilDV